Cut Open John Deere AM12524

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a used John Deere AM12524 filter as used on a John Deere riding lawn mower. Two years and 65 hours in service using R-T 10W30 HDEO. Nicely made with a silicone ADBV and top mounted bypass valve. Not sure of the filtration specs but a real sleeper of a filter based on construction details alone.
AM12524.jpg

Very Nice !

JD filters around here are made by Honeywell (Fram) and are INSANE money. So I just run an oversized purolator or wix on my grandpa's LT125.
I find the filter for an older V6 Camry fits the Briggs V twin nicely. And you can't beat the price tag. (3 bucks)
I've also run his on Rotella, but of the 15w40 flavor. As it is very hard to find 10w30 HDEO around here.

Last edited:
Should be good quality, for what they charge!!

We always use MC FL400's or Puro L10241's on the B&S & Kohler stuff, but there sure don't appear to be any flies on that J-D part!!
thumbsup2.gif

This JD filter for my 345 is certainly not a champ, however it is a few years old, JD may be using champ now.

jdca.jpg

JD1.jpg

Originally Posted By: JustinC25

I've also run his on Rotella, but of the 15w40 flavor. As it is very hard to find 10w30 HDEO around here.
I am in NH , and I find Rotella 10w30 Cj4 at Sanel Auto and Robbins - real auto parts stores. Sometimes you have to ask they have it in the storeroom. You better get some quick BC I'm going to stash a few gallons if they (Shell) are goin to mess with this great oil. The OP'S (Jim's) filter shows classic wix/dana construction.

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
This JD filter for my 345 is certainly not a champ, however it is a few years old, JD may be using champ now.

jdca.jpg

JD1.jpg

that ones a honneywell

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Cracks me up how little filter media is in them.
The wix baseplate-mtd bypass just eats up filter capacity in small form factor units. It's for this very reason I went over to the purolator tin can.

Originally Posted By: defektes
that is indeed a champ, same AA marking the acdelco my parents 5.3 silverado uses.

That's what I thought the bypass looks like a Champ if I'm not mistaken. Champs are all right,prefer them to a fram. I like the idea of a baseplate bypass.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Cracks me up how little filter media is in them.
The wix baseplate-mtd bypass just eats up filter capacity in small form factor units. It's for this very reason I went over to the purolator tin can.

Cut one open lately? The current L10193 has a lot less media than it used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back