Jetta Headlight pointing down and won't adjust

Status
Not open for further replies.
My right headlight is pointing down and when I went to adjust it using the white knobs it barely budged. It needs to be a good 6 inches up from where it currently points and I'm not sure what to do. I believe this started after hitting a deer on the right side, something must have been knocked. It's a 2.0L 2003 Jetta GLS.

Any ideas on what I can do besides replacing the fixture?

If the lens is held on to the housing with metal clips you can remove the lens and "shim" up the reflector and bulb as a temporary measure till its replaced or not. Use a small thin piece of plexiglass you can make into a shim by sanding it on an angle.
Mark the spot it is correct then glue it down with clear silicone.

If the new headlight is a cheap headlight, then it's common for the ball socket to pop out of place.

The lens is held in with adhesive, that you can pop in the oven at a low temperature (around 200°F) and bake for a few minutes to soften the adhesive, and then you can pry off the lens.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
I would just go to the u pic and grab a new one that isn't too oxidized, dime a dozen.

I would just get a Depo E-code headlight. Though not DOT legal, but a huge upgrade in beam pattern, using H4 bulbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back