Jeep WJ ball joints. Dana Spicer brand?

I need to put some ball joints in a Jeep WJ. The closest to OE available on the rock looks to be some Dana/Spicer branded units. Anybody ever use these?

Those are OEM. They are great if you grease them all the time. They don't last very long if you don't.

I personally gave up on all the hype and put in some non-greasable Moog joints this last go round on my ZJ.

Reactions: D60
I need to put some ball joints in a Jeep WJ. The closest to OE available on the rock looks to be some Dana/Spicer branded units. Anybody ever use these?
They are good. Grease them at every oil change if they have fittings and they will last a long time.

Those BJs are a special design?

While it's convenient to think in terms of greasing BJs every oil change, I've never had to do it more often than every 2-3 oil changes (5K mi OCI) to get good life on other vehicles... unless the boot is torn. Then again, takes little time, and very little cost once you have the grease and gun.

Those BJs are a special design?

While it's convenient to think in terms of greasing BJs every oil change, I've never had to do it more often than every 2-3 oil changes (5K mi OCI) to get good life on other vehicles... unless the boot is torn. Then again, takes little time, and very little cost once you have the grease and gun.
We're talking about a chrysler here. Keeping a healthy pair of uppers on a Dana 30 is a measure of perseverance.

Reactions: D60
We're talking about a chrysler here. Keeping a healthy pair of uppers on a Dana 30 is a measure of perseverance.
Agreed. The same is true of 44 fronts in 2nd Gen Rams. Just plan to do it every couple years -- or less depending upon heavy use

Back