Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Here you go, in case an Escalade or Navigator doesn’t fit your needs...

Starting pricing for the large three-row SUV ranges from roughly $87,000 to $104,000. A fully loaded model will top $111,000, according to Jeep.

I was so excited about the Grand Wagoneer coming back, and then I heard the price. Honestly, if I had that much laying around for a new vehicle, I'd just buy a restored GW instead. I'm sure the technology and comfort will be incredible in the new model, but the old one is a classic for a reason.

I just built a 4wd 2021 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn (noticed they changed the name for 2021) that is equipped similarly to my 2016 (makes for a 'bare bones' 2021) and the MSRP was $58k. Hard for me to imagine spending 30-50k more for a wagoneer.

The prices are crazy. I just built my 2016 JK Rubicon Hard Rock for MY 2021. A 2021 similarly equipped Rubicon is over $58K. IMO that's nuts, and I have to take eTorque if I want the 3.6L. For the time being, no thanks. But they must be selling.

Not sure what could be in the vehicle for it to be worth $111,000. And it can still rust away to be work $500 for scrap.
Yeah, that's loaded Trackhawk GC money at that point and I assume you don't get the 707HP engine in the Wagoneer.

Hope they sell but going up to the luxury suv market will be tough running with the big dogs; Range Rover, Porsche, Audi, MB. Hope they can do it but it will require a big shift in materials quality, especially interiors, technology and most critically, market perception. Cracking vinyl at 23k miles on ’leather faced’ seats on your highest trim level won’t cut it (I had 3 Grand Cherokees). Also, Jeep’s quality reputation isn’t the very best, but that seems forgivable in the market segment if the car is otherwise desirable, see Rover. Perception is reality..

My last 2 GC’s are what finally sold me on Range Rover. LR got much better and I figured they couldn’t be worse than the Jeep’s...and they weren’t.

Grand Wagoneer is a good looking truck though. I’d certainly look at one after the second model year.

So it’s between the size of a Tahoe and suburban. And a lot of $$$ (though what truck isn’t?).

The inside looks really nice, the outside styling looks like anything and everything else. The JGC has consistently been a handsome looking midsize suv, forever. This thing looks like a cross between that Hyundai palisades thing, a Tahoe, and a Ford Flex...

From Forbes:

4D21A8DA-9343-4A06-9A6F-DCFBBF41201C.jpeg
2C5B7705-5F41-41A0-86D6-BCAB7CF49B85.jpeg

you can cash in on an old name if the vehicle is cool (refer to Bronco).

this is a hard sell when you have to compete against the X7 GLS, RR and Escalade

Ground crushing 6,205 pounds monster with MSRP $111,000 fully loaded with close to 50% profit.
If they can sell many on 84 months loan term more power to them.

I sure hope they can sell them at that lofty price point, otherwise this thing is going to be a huge bust. The pictures I’ve seen with the metal trim around the windows and back glass is not doing it for me. The interior looks very nice though.

If it’s anything like Ram, the $111,000 model will be $25k off when it’s time to buy.

A couple of good YouTube channels on the launch.

The Grand Wagoneer Series III Premium with the 6.4L Hemi and the passenger side 10" screen looks amazing.

I think most here know I’m not a fan of the brand but they have done a pretty nice job with this SUV. The grill is reminiscent of the Jeep grills from before but modernized to fit the front. The front is sleek looking. The rear does look blocky to me which contrasts with the front.

Interior wise, it’s very nice and elegant. The wood adds a nice touch. The seats look super comfortable. The Captains chairs are just as nice as the front. I’m not a fan of the seat back video screens but that’s me.

I know little about the power train.

For the segment they are competing in I think Stellantis has a winner here.

Back