Jeep 4.0L valve cover pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed out the valve cover gasket on the girlfriends 99 XJ , super pleased with what I found. She had been doing 3k oci with whatever bulk oil local garages keep stocked. At 130k I took over maintenance and have been using QS Defy 10w-30 for the past 15k.
7QCjLGx.jpg

NsZ54JA.jpg

Last edited:
links should be fixed now , first time uploading a image to a forum.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Looks like whatever bulk oil the local garage stocked stood up well
thumbsup2.gif

it was only 3k....

Originally Posted By: snowflake
thumbsup2.gif

it was only 3k....

Yes, however we've seen "3K OCI" engines coated in varnish. That's not the case here.

Originally Posted By: snowflake
thumbsup2.gif

it was only 3k....

Yes, however we've seen "3K OCI" engines coated in varnish. That's not the case here.

Yep me too, in fact I posted some 3K dino OCI through the fill hole pics. That engine is pristine looking compared to mine, and has a lot more mines on it.

It is super clean and it is surely due to 3k oci's. She just did what she was told to do to maintain it and as far as oil changes that was a oil change every 3k. Other fluids were maintained as well tranny fluid is cherry red , diffs are good as well as the transfer case. For a non car person , I think she did a great job.

Originally Posted By: Thax
For a non car person , I think she did a great job.

She sure did!
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Nice looking 4.0L.
thumbsup2.gif
She surely did well maintenance wise for being a non-car person. Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders, not many people these days are concerned with maintaining their investments.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Nice looking 4.0L.
thumbsup2.gif
She surely did well maintenance wise for being a non-car person. Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders, not many people these days are concerned with maintaining their investments.

Yeah she's a keeper. She knows now that the oci can be extended out to 5k but she once said to me "oil is cheap , a new engine isnt" Thats when I knew she was perfect for me!!

Wow, a woman that said that and drives a Jeep? Do not ever break her heart! She is a rare, fine woman. I have an 01 XJ and I adore the 4.0. I use Amsoil Signature 5w-30 and plan to keep it running like factory for a long time.

Originally Posted By: Thax
Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Nice looking 4.0L.
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah she's a keeper. She knows now that the oci can be extended out to 5k but she once said to me "oil is cheap , a new engine isnt" Thats when I knew she was perfect for me!!

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
And members here bash someone for doing 3K mile OCIs. I hope this quiets all the nay sayers.
thumbsup2.gif

But it makes for a lot of Oil changes and is more costly.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
And members here bash someone for doing 3K mile OCIs. I hope this quiets all the nay sayers.
thumbsup2.gif

But it makes for a lot of Oil changes and is more costly.

Very clean, no problem engine or save a few pennies. Hmmmm......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back