JC Whitney part number

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part # at Rock Auto for the Denso filter my car takes is 1501006. The number JC Whitney has listed is W0133-1639112. Do you think it's the same filter? How can I find out for sure?

Hello, Go to a oil filter company website which has a cross reference guide and look up both numbers and see if the same product # from that company comes up. I have no idea how "out of house" a J.C. Whitney # will roam. I would suspect not far. Just for fun, call J.C. Whitney and ask them. Kira

wix comes up with 1501006 as a denso part number... nothing for w0133-1639112 or 1639112.. maybe JC assigns new part numbers? or doesnt list the mfg #

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tortured_Soul
The part # at Rock Auto for the Denso filter my car takes is 1501006. The number JC Whitney has listed is W0133-1639112. Do you think it's the same filter? How can I find out for sure?

Are you trying to make tortured souls out of all of us ??.....

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Tortured_Soul said:
Are you trying to make tortured souls out of all of us ??.....

No, I'm just trying to take advantage of the the free shipping coupon code.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I just did the live chat and here's what they said...

Sam2: Yes, the above part#W0133-1639112 is an exact replacement of Denso#1501006.

Sam2: Its a Oil Filter Spin-On.

Jeff: OK. Thanks! Why is your part number different?

Sam2: Sorry, I am not exactly sure.

Originally Posted By: Tortured_Soul

Jeff: OK. Thanks! Why is your part number different?

Sam2: Sorry, I am not exactly sure.

J. C. Whitney has always been kind of screwy.

I guess so Zee... I went ahead and ordered the filter. The total price was $4.99.

The free shipping coupon code is JINGLE.
wink.gif
I saved $6.99 on shipping!

Last edited:
I got the oil filter today. It is the right part number. It was only $4.99 + free shipping, and only took 3 days to get here. The same filter at Rock Auto would have cost me $8.68...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back