Jay Leno seriously burned after one of his cars catches fire.

It’s still early so we don’t know the details of how the fire started or which car.

The burns are reportedly to his face for the most part.

Hopes that he recovers fully.

Jay was working on one of his steam powered cars that uses gasoline to heat the boiler and some gas was leaking, sprayed on him and ignited. Or that's pretty close to the scenario as has been reported so far.

I wish him a speedy recovery. I really enjoy watching Jay Leno's Garage and his knowledge and enthusiasm for his lifelong hobby is obvious.

For many years I have appreciated that he has spent the time to share his hobby/passion and with the public through Jay Leno's garage. He certainly doesn't need the income, and it takes time and effort to do all those videos. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

Wishing him well(y)

Now I have never met him, but I do know folks who have and I get the feeling that he is genuine; a basically decent fellow who used his talents to get where he is and he appears to enjoy the life he built, and he certainly gives back. Good for him. He seems to be one of the very few people associated with that seething pit that is the 'entertainment' industry, that I would really like to meet and have a discussion with.

More on this story is coming out. It is reported that Leno has suffered third degree burns on the left side of his face and also to both hands.

He is currently receiving hyperbaric treatment and skin grafts are in the future for him.

It’s still early so we don’t know the details of how the fire started or which car.

The burns are reportedly to his face for the most part.

Hopes that he recovers fully.
From what was shown on TV yesterday he was possibly filming a new episode. According to a previous video, one of Lenos Steam cars were fired up by streaming gasoline which you take a lighter to which gets the water boiling.

30547EE3-C1BE-4A2D-9A11-EB921F841A65.png

Very lucky! Could have been much worse.

This really dashes my dream where one day I can afford high quality cars/parts and stupid stuff will stop happening.

Now he’s all broke up from a motorcycle accident - time for new hobbies … ? Croquet ?

Now he’s all broke up from a motorcycle accident - time for new hobbies … ? Croquet ?
I have only read one story about how this happened. Article said something about a string or wire pulled across his ride path that was not marked or flagged in any way and he hit it and it pulled him off the bike. If that is indeed the case then this was not self-induced or caused from lack of ability or skill.

I have only read one story about how this happened. Article said something about a string or wire pulled across his ride path that was not marked or flagged in any way and he hit it and it pulled him off the bike. If that is indeed the case then this was not self-induced or caused from lack of ability or skill.
Well, when I’m his age - won’t be riding a 1940 Indian … Wait … won’t now …
(he broke lots of bones - healing will not come easy) …

Back