Jack pad anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never use jack pad in past. All of my vehicles had enough space for put jack on pinch weld and never had any issue.

But i need to use jack pad for my current car. So i have bought hockey puck with metal pinch weld adaptor from Amazon but it slipped off. Luckly it did not damage to the car but it was scary.

This is what i have bought with hockey puck

https://www.amazon.com/Byenins-Slot...Pl=1&dpID=41AwEb3NnvL&ref=plSrch

Do you think JB Weld is strong enough to hold these two piece together when jacking up a vehicle?

Or should i just go ahead buy one of these?

This is one piece rubber from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/DEDC-Univers...mp;psc=1&refRID=MB2MEE7J02HFZFHT74B7

And this is other option.
https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Camaro-...Pl=1&dpID=31IbFlf1ViL&ref=plSrch

Yeah, those adapter wont work on my jack.

If i can use just hockey puck itself then i dont think i will have any problem. Wish hockey puck was tap taller.

After watching this video...I dont know i might just go ahead buy ZL1 Addons with their puck and call it a day. Well it was my plan at beginning but i just couldnt see myself spend $60 for just pad. ...†

https://youtu.be/WrcmHFsAwdI

Last edited:
Originally Posted by s2krunner
After watching this video...I dont know i might just go ahead buy ZL1 Addons with their puck and call it a day. Well it was my plan at beginning but i just couldnt see myself spend $60 for just pad. ...†

This ZL1 addon adapter seems to be popular with the guys on hellcat forums as well. You can get just the pad for $39 or pad with the puck for $60. Not sure that I need the puck.

My problem is that I can't even get my current Craftsman jack to slide under my Charger. I would have to drive up on some 2x4s first, I think.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

This ZL1 addon adapter seems to be popular with the guys on hellcat forums as well. You can get just the pad for $39 or pad with the puck for $60. Not sure that I need the puck.

My problem is that I can't even get my current Craftsman jack to slide under my Charger. I would have to drive up on some 2x4s first, I think.

Really? Im assume they are pretty good product then. I will need their mag puck for sure since mine does not work with only pinch weld pad.

My Arcan jack will go under my Camaro even dropped an inch.
smile.gif
I got it from Costco year ago after my cheap harbor freight low profile died on me after year some of used. I used Craftsman for years and years. I liked their jack a lot but i changed to tap low profile jack.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KrisZ
I use a hockey puck, work quite well actually.

I'm finding the hockey puck is splitting or being grooved fairly good which makes me nervous as I am afraid it will fail while the car is in the air.
I have tried a few of my son's pucks and I am getting the same result.
Are you getting the same thing, Kris?

Yeah, those adapter wont work on my jack.

If i can use just hockey puck itself then i dont think i will have any problem. Wish hockey puck was tap taller.

I like that setup in the vid but at $60 with another almost $30 for shipping, (to up here) that's getting spendy!

I think I need something better than my current hockey puck got to so I might look at those other $6 to $10 dollar pieces that were shown from Amazon.

With 2 cars now in the family that have the same type of jacking point, I need something that will last, be safe and work.

Does anyone know if any CDN places like CDN Tire or other sells these? Shipping is the problem with these even though they only cost 6 to $10 bucks.

Last edited:
I'm finding the hockey puck is splitting or being grooved fairly good which makes me nervous as I am afraid it will fail while the car is in the air.

If you're using jack stands, what difference does it make? I wouldn't be under the car with just a jack anyway.

Last edited:
I try not to jack up my car by the pinch welds, but the few times I did on my Mazda 3, the puck didn't split, but when I did the same on my much heavier minivan it did.
So the hockey puck is not a 100% solution, but pinch weld are yricky, that is why I try not to lift using them.

My kids played ice hockey for 15+ years (they still play). I have seen many pucks split into fragments under a hard shot, or split when the goalie blocks it. The refs toss out bad pucks during play, so its not like they are neglected for inspection. I probably have 100 various pucks lying around the house, and I would never trust the weight of a car on one if it was just a thin jack point:) But thats just me.

Trivia- looking at the pucks themselves, I seem to recall that most pucks were made in Canada or Czech republic ? I wonder if anybody has done a quality test comparing them.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
My Arcan jack will go under my Camaro even dropped an inch.
smile.gif
I got it from Costco year ago
Is it this one?
https://www.costco.com/3-Ton-Profes...teel-Service-Jack.product.100222458.html

That looks great. Next jack I buy is going to be a low profile one.

Yes, it is!

Most of "low" profile ones are super expensive. This one is in between low and normal jack. So far im very happy with it.

BA51D1DF-3EC4-4C62-8547-CFF9FEA00985.jpeg

I have exact same jack from Costco and bought Rocky pinch weld adapter from Amazon. Looks like yours but was $37 ... search for Rocky on amazon.
It hasn't slipped yet but I use it once in awhile and you have me worried now!
shocked2.gif

What kind of Jack did you use when it slipped?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OilUzer
I have exact same jack from Costco and bought Rocky pinch weld adapter from Amazon. Looks like yours but was $37 ... search for Rocky on amazon.
shocked2.gif

I used Arcron that one ive posted.

Im going to try current ones more time and see if i made any mistake other day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger

If you're using jack stands, what difference does it make? I wouldn't be under the car with just a jack anyway.

I am not crawling under the car, just changing out the tires. When the time comes for oil/filter changes where I do have to crawl underneath them, I use my ramps. My wife's and son's cars have no real good areas to just use a floor jack to raise them, especially my wife's 17 Impala, but if they did, like I do on my Ram, then I'd use floor jacks.

It's these jack areas that are tough to use as they are in such close proximity to the body panels. I have 2 floor jacks and neither one will work on these jack points without some type of aid like a hockey. Without the hockey puck, the base/jacking plate would gouge into the body panel.

Using the jacks that came with the cars is tedious! To change out 4 wheels would take me a long time using the wand they came with or a ratchet. I did that the first time last November putting snowies on my wife's Impala and what a PITA that was!

There is another thread in here from last year that I started or was already in progress about the same issue. That is the one I found out/was suggested to use hockey pucks instead on a floor jack instead.

Originally Posted by irv

I am not crawling under the car, just changing out the tires. When the time comes for oil/filter changes where I do have to crawl underneath them, I use my ramps. My wife's and son's cars have no real good areas to just use a floor jack to raise them, especially my wife's 17 Impala, but if they did, like I do on my Ram, then I'd use floor jacks.

It's these jack areas that are tough to use as they are in such close proximity to the body panels. I have 2 floor jacks and neither one will work on these jack points without some type of aid like a hockey. Without the hockey puck, the base/jacking plate would gouge into the body panel.

Using the jacks that came with the cars is tedious! To change out 4 wheels would take me a long time using the wand they came with or a ratchet. I did that the first time last November putting snowies on my wife's Impala and what a PITA that was!

There is another thread in here from last year that I started or was already in progress about the same issue. That is the one I found out/was suggested to use hockey pucks instead on a floor jack instead.

My wife's Impala has a pinch weld in the middle of each side. I use an adapter that I made out of a rubber castor from HF. There are two slots on the ends that my jack stands fit into perfectly if turned sideways. Your car may be similar even though it's a newer model. with the stands, you would take most of the pressure off of the jack.

Originally Posted by irv

My wife's Impala has a pinch weld in the middle of each side. I use an adapter that I made out of a rubber castor from HF. There are two slots on the ends that my jack stands fit into perfectly if turned sideways. Your car may be similar even though it's a newer model. with the stands, you would take most of the pressure off of the jack.

My wife's Impala has 4 jacking points. 2 just behind the front wheel and 2 just ahead of the rear wheels. (like in this pic below)

I like the looks of this jack in the pic above, namely the jacking plate which looks full of a rubber/hard insert. That would work, imo, as it would take away the dish effect with no fears of the outer edge of it digging into the panels.
I would like to purchase that pad/jacking plate if sold separately for my jacks. I currently have 2 jacks so no need to purchase a 3rd just for that plate.

Impala jack points.jpg

Jack pad.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OilUzer
shocked2.gif

I used Arcron that one ive posted.

Im going to try current ones more time and see if i made any mistake other day.

One side of my car pinch weld has a bump and not even. I have to move the adapter back a little to avoid the lump so it can stay even/flat. It's the inside section and you can't see it unless you look under. Make sure you are on the flat parts of the pinch weld on both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back