J3 ATF

I used the search function and the answer is still elusive.

2014 Outlander with 6 speed trans. Still under warranty for another 24K miles. I have been using the Mitsubishi branded J3 for change. So far, using the oil extractor method, I've exchanged 7 quarts. I need to do one more exchange to bring the total to about 10-12 quarts. This ATF is pricey. The Idemitsu fluid is just labeled 'J' not 'J3' Question is are the OEM fluid and the same? Idemitsu branded fluid is
type J.jpg

diaqueen.jpg

I used the search function and the answer is still elusive.

2014 Outlander with 6 speed trans. Still under warranty for another 24K miles. I have been using the Mitsubishi branded J3 for change. So far, using the oil extractor method, I've exchanged 7 quarts. I need to do one more exchange to bring the total to about 10-12 quarts. This ATF is pricey. The Idemitsu fluid is just labeled 'J' not 'J3' Question is are the OEM fluid and the same? Idemitsu branded fluid is I]

Highly unlikely. Asian manufacturers do not license their fluids and we’ve never seen an aftermarket fluid on here that has the same composition as an OEM (Toyota or Honda). So any aftermarket fluid is just that, an aftermarket fluid regardless of the blender.

Not to say it’s bad or anything. I’m a fan of Maxlife as it’s always worked well for me in every application for which it’s listed as recommended - which includes J3.

Back