I've Narrowed it Down to 4 Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the input. After rebates of 150 on the Goodyears, there really is only about $100 difference in the lowest vs highest price for set. I think the Firestone's are just too close to being snow tires so I think they are off the list with those sacrifices you have to make. I've got a couple more weeks before I make my purchase but the Goodyear or General seem to be my 1a and 1b.

The thing with this area is that we don't get WI or MN levels of snow but not too far behind. Roads in general get plowed relatively quickly. The worst is when you get caught in a snow storm while driving. Been there and done that on the stock tires and that was kinda scary. Definitely would have gotten stuck if I didn't have AWD.

'If you can wait till Black Friday', it's very likely Discount Tire will be having their BF promo(s). And though less likely, General and/or Yoko might add a promo in the interim. You'll be able to stack a manufacturer rebate with the DT promo rebate(s). Just something to considered.

Originally Posted by jcartwright99
Thanks everyone for the input. After rebates of 150 on the Goodyears, there really is only about $100 difference in the lowest vs highest price for set. I think the Firestone's are just too close to being snow tires so I think they are off the list with those sacrifices you have to make. I've got a couple more weeks before I make my purchase but the Goodyear or General seem to be my 1a and 1b.

The thing with this area is that we don't get WI or MN levels of snow but not too far behind. Roads in general get plowed relatively quickly. The worst is when you get caught in a snow storm while driving. Been there and done that on the stock tires and that was kinda scary. Definitely would have gotten stuck if I didn't have AWD.

You missed out on a better rebate that just expired on the Goodyears, it was a $200 rebate but that expired at the end of September. I guess the current one is only $150 and that's til the end of December.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by jcartwright99

You missed out on a better rebate that just expired on the Goodyears, it was a $200 rebate but that expired at the end of September. I guess the current one is only $150 and that's til the end of December.

There was a GY Oct 1 price increase for 215/55/17 @$7/tire (4.2%). For a set of four, the net lost is $78: GY CC rebate $50 + $28 price increase. I have not seen a General tire increase yet.

What is the tire size of the Fusion?

Last edited:
I like the Continental Trucontacts. I am on my 3rd set and they have given good service. Check Consumer Reports as they list the attributes of different performance characteristics as well as Tirerack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back