It's been a year for Kreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an 87 Cadillac Deville about two years ago that has 170000 miles on it with the awful 4.1 motor. I bought it to be a figure 8 demo derby car. I did change the oil and added Kreen to the sump mainly for giggles to see if it would clean it up November of last year. It got maybe a 100 miles of stupid fun driving around the farm before it got put away last year and hasn't been touched since. I just realized today I never drained that oil, so the HDEO and Kreen are still in the sump. The 4.1L has a history of gasket leaks. Went over and started it up today and took a look. No leaks, anywhere. I guess this stuff is safe for gaskets for long periods of time, and by my own hillbilly forgetfulness I tested that out. Now I just need to fix the flat tire on it to get it ready for winter fun.
cool.gif

Thanks for sharing that, anyone thats used Kreen would ask that as soon as they opened the can. Pure hazmat, no surprise its not sold retail.

I partially understand the OP and not at all the second post..

The only thing I guess to add is, did it do any cleaning on that 4100?

What he means is...an open can of Kreen has a volatile aroma of a chemical warfare accident. The smell is so peculiar and pungent, a sense of danger slowly creeps into your mind.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
I partially understand the OP and not at all the second post..

The only thing I guess to add is, did it do any cleaning on that 4100?

From the little driving I did, granted it was hard driving, it cleaned a lot. It had a deep brown varnish/sludgy layer that I could see through the oil fill hole. Now it looks half way normal. Not totally clean, but a thin brown. I know I should have taken pictures, but I thought I would have ruined the car by now.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Thanks for sharing that, anyone thats used Kreen would ask that as soon as they opened the can. Pure hazmat, no surprise its not sold retail.

It has a "pleasant wintergreen scent"!!! Note that it would not be shippable by common carrier if it was truly hazardous, it's no different than a can of laquer thinner.

But I probably wouldn't recommend you drink it. It's highly volatile, and leaves a thin oily residue when it evaporates. Note that it is not available in anything other than metal containers.

Best parts cleaner we've ever used, dissolves coke/carbon/sludge like magic.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals

It has a "pleasant wintergreen scent"!!! Note that it would not be shippable by common carrier if it was truly hazardous, it's no different than a can of laquer thinner.

But I probably wouldn't recommend you drink it. It's highly volatile, and leaves a thin oily residue when it evaporates. Note that it is not available in anything other than metal containers.

Best parts cleaner we've ever used, dissolves coke/carbon/sludge like magic.

You actually use Kreen? Or joking around? It may be colored green, but its no lube/naphtha mmo with wintergreen. Not lacquer thinner either. The smell and the MSDS proves that.

From the Kano Labs site..

*** An additional hazardous transportation charge will be added to your order for 1 gal., 5gal., 15 gal., and 55 gal. sizes.

I put some in this glass bottle. Easier to measure, keeps the possibility of a spill and fumes down.
6863153830_72455370de.jpg

Might want to be careful in a glass container, I'm sure to drop that!

And yes, we use the stuff regularly, it is outrageously effective in a right now sort of way. A fantastic product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back