ISO Dash Cam Suggestions

Hey guys, looking for a dash cam. Currently have one that is trying my patience, so it needs to go.

What I like about my current cam:

Records to a micro SD and videos can be downloaded to my phone on demand. Doesn't upload anything to the cloud using my phone's data.
Power cord is micro USB
Very small with an adhesive windshield mount

What I don't like about my cam, and don't want in my next cam:

Voice activation
Emergency video recording when it detects a sudden movement. (This one initiates a 30 second emergency recording every time I run over a cigarette butt.)
Could take or leave the fact that it talks about everything it does.

What's everybody using that matches the above criteria?

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Panorama 2 in 2013 .... probably not made any more and I'm sure there are better ones on the market today.
It has been problem free.
Just have to make sure the SD Card is rated for continuous filming.

Do you prefer Batteries or Capacitor? I like capacitors.
My next one will have a swivel joint for better aiming.

How about these?
OR
Thanks for the suggestions. Forgot to mention that I'm not looking for anything with a screen. Here's what I'm using now. Not necessarily looking for something this inexpensive, I just bought it because I liked the fact that it is so tiny and nearly invisible in my car. It's too bad the g sensor is far too sensitive.

I bought a Panorama 2 in 2013 .... probably not made any more and I'm sure there are better ones on the market today.
It has been problem free.
Just have to make sure the SD Card is rated for continuous filming.

Do you prefer Batteries or Capacitor? I like capacitors.
My next one will have a swivel joint for better aiming.

How about these?
OR
I've had a Rexing for a few years. No complaints.

Thanks for the suggestions. Forgot to mention that I'm not looking for anything with a screen. Here's what I'm using now. Not necessarily looking for something this inexpensive, I just bought it because I liked the fact that it is so tiny and nearly invisible in my car. It's too bad the g sensor is far too sensitive.

I installed a Vantrue N2 Pro in a car that sees Uber use. Seems to be working fine, I used a Dongar adapter to tap off the power supply for the Gentex mirror, no T-tapping needed.

There’s a Nexar cam I’ve been using for 3 years already in another car. Seems to be OK.

Finally landed on something. Wifi, GPS, 4K video, no talking, variable G-meter, 512 SD recording, 3M mount. Not quite as inconspicuous as the last one, but maybe it will deter some fools.
IMG_20211230_205535096.jpg
IMG_20211230_205252765_MP.jpg

I put a Viofo A129 ProDuo dual-channel (2 cameras - 1 forward and 1 aft recording - both Sony) in the wife's 4Runner.

Fwd facing cam records in 4K and the aft-facing cam records in 1080p.

Has GPS, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi, parking mode, etc.

Was very easy to install. I have it "hard-wired" to the fuse box in the driver's side footwell, so it automatically switches from regular mode to parking mode. Has a motion detector for parking mode, and you can set sensitivity. Has a batt voltage sensor so it won't run your batt down.

Back