Is this soap any good?

I purchased Armor All Extreme Shield Ceramic Car was this morning. I'm curious to see how the shine compares to older soaps such as turtle wax ice.

2012 CIvic with faded paint.

All time favorite, Oldie but a Goodie, every Armor All soap that I have tried were sub par to Meguiars. ;)

1712874552404.jpg

Optimum Car wash is the best soap I’ve ever used. Very thick, almost gel like when the temps are in the 60s so you don’t need to use a lot.

I stopped using soaps years ago and turned to waterless washes because the “normal” cars soaps are too watered down and you end up using a lot in order to get good, thick foam out of them. Optimum turned me back to using soaps. I use waterless washes as well.

IMG_3347.jpeg

Optimum Car wash is the best soap I’ve ever used. Very thick, almost gel like when the temps are in the 60s so you don’t need to use a lot.

I stopped using soaps years ago and turned to waterless washes because the “normal” cars soaps are too watered down and you end up using a lot in order to get good, thick foam out of them. Optimum turned me back to using soaps. I use waterless washes as well.

View attachment 214497
I’ve been making a transition to Rinse Less washing. I’ve used ONR, Wolf gang, and more on the way to try. I’ve also used waterless too. Have you tried Ultima Waterless wash plus?

Ultima is the only one I've used since I like it so much. Leaves some protection behind as well. Usually like trying new detail products but have stuck with Ultima. Just used some yesterday and probably need to order some more soon. Nice scent too.

From what I can gather doing research and going down the detailing rabbit hole is that Armor All car care products are a bit antiquated and don't really keep up with the modern stuff. Seems they just ride the coat tails of their name recognition and just coast. Meg's Gold class posted above gets high marks from pro detailers for it's incredible value. Meguiar's and Turtle Wax products still mostly keep up with the times and offer good value.

If you have faded clear the best thing you can do short of painting it is just to put some old style paste wax on it. I've used turtle wax before but I let it warm up a bit in the sun before putting it on. Though that old ford is gone so I haven't done that in a decade and don't know if the wax is still good. Probably cheapened by now.

All time favorite, Oldie but a Goodie, every Armor All soap that I have tried were sub par to Meguiars. ;)

View attachment 213678
Meguiars recommends "Gold Class" wash be use on a ceramic based coatings as its PH balance and will not compromise finish, at least that's what they told me. I was using the Yellow stuff which I love as well.

Back