Some water beading and reflection pictures with Hydro Silex.

Been playing around with some DYI ceramic sprays for the past 5 years or so trying to find easier and better products. I've have really good results with a product called Hydro Silex. It has good durability lasing a good 6 months before water beading starts to dissipate. Its also extremely easy to apply and feels like warm butter when on the paint...very slick! Once the vehicle is cleaned and prepped it only takes 30 minutes to coat the entire vehicle including in all door jams and under the trunk and hood. The fist 3 pictures is install day on October 14 showing the reflection and shine. This is 2 coats to start with:
VHviAJ6.jpg

eMMgRug.jpg

DKR9Fdu.jpg

These next Pictures are from December 28th. It snowed and melted into droplets and then froze solid. Just showing the progression which I thought was cool:
82Zj6As.jpg

Z8lojOu.jpg

2ihVGXA.jpg

WT4bQyD.jpg

NxxwPgI.jpg

These next couple pictures are from March 21st after a rain/snow storm:
L1Jep4g.jpg

rLCUBnH.jpg

And these last pictures are from April 27th during a rain storm. The Hydro Silex is still showing strong beading and feels slick when clean. 6 months is the longest I have gone in-between coats. This is after 7 snow storms and 7 carwashes with the Hydro Silex ceramic car soap. One of the carwashes was at the dealer and I'm not sure how they washed it.
sBOMevi.jpg

92QjaJy.jpg

426qscW.jpg

1XB991n.jpg

Fm1UnCP.jpg

Overall I'm really happy with the stuff. The durability is really good given how quick and easy it is to apply! I have a couple other vehicles I have been testing Hydro Silex and a few other products on and I will post those results as soon as I get a chance.

ScottHD on youtube has tested this product a few times and the lastest reformulated version Hydrosilex recharge seems to last around 6 months which is pretty good. There are a number of other spray on, wipe off ceramic and graphene products that will go 10 to 12 months and even longer. You can find his videos here https://www.youtube.com/@ScottHD/videos

Unfortunately due to health and family issues he has paused his video productions the past few months, and sounds like he may not come back to posting for the rest of this year. But you will find a lot of great information and real world testing of products.

Back