Is this price a joke?

I should've kept the one I had...

I mean I'm not the owner of Anchor Subaru... but some people know me...

They must’ve seen this recent sale on Bring A Trailer. Shockingly not far off amd that’s where’d I’d list it if I were the dealer.

Diesel Excursion prices were crazy before the "pandemic" hit & made everyone crazy. A customer of mine has a 2003 7.3L Eddie Bauer Excursion with 322,000 miles....He dropped $20,000 having it painted (Burgundy/Tan) & the interior redone. That's on top of $13,000 he spent at my shop having the 4R100 rebuilt, Injectors, ICP Solenoid, Valve Cover Gaskets, Glow Plugs, Radiator, Hoses & other miscellaneous items.

I can see just maybe putting the money into it if you already own one, and it’s Rot free, you’ll never find another one like it. Still a LOT of money, though.

He's used it to pull his huge boat out of the water for the last time this year.

If someone buys it... great. If not, he'll just use it again next year.

Only $35000 above fair market value !
Can't believe someone has bought to flip for even more money Lol .. Crazy ...

Probably not a joke. People are asking upwards of $10,000 for 20–year-old Ranger pickups in good condition, and Carvana is asking $20,000 for 2010 and 2011 Rangers. Those are far more common vehicles than Excursions.

Ford sold the Excursion for 6 model years, 2000–2005 (plus a few 2006 models for Mexico). The total production of all versions was less than 200,000, and sales dropped every year after 2000. In 2005 Ford sold fewer than 20,000, which gives you a clue why it was dropped. But it seems a small cult still wants a diesel SUV on the Super Duty chassis, and they're willing to pay crazy money for it. o_O

Referring to my previous post above, it would appear that everyone who wanted a new Excursion with or without a diesel bought one then. The demand for used ones, with the last ones now 15+ years old, is astounding. Where were these people in, say, 2004 or 2005? If they had bought a new one then. maybe Ford would have kept it in production longer.

I can see it - low mileage diesel, body style not made anymore, top trim line in great condition….it’s starting to veer into ‘collectible’ territory, so it is priced accordingly.

Back