Is this price a joke?

He must not really want to sell it, and just set the price 40K above market value for “feelers”. Granted it is a diesel excursion, but still not worth anywhere near that..still trying to decide whether that is a legitimate ad or not

Yes it is a joke. Or the seller must think a nearly 20 year old Excursion is the greatest SUV to grace god's green Earth.

He must not really want to sell it, and just set the price 40K above market value for “feelers”. Granted it is a diesel excursion, but still not worth anywhere near that..still trying to decide whether that is a legitimate ad or not

Yep.

There's a local, well-respected import shop that has a bunch of Land Cruisers for sale on their "lot". Mostly 40-80s. They have outrageous prices on the windshields and they maybe sell one vehicle a year. My belief is that the owner really likes LCs and that he buys them as a business expense, enjoys them while in inventory, and places high prices on them to keep people from buying them - and if they do pay, then great, major profit.

Low mileage, with one of the more reliable LT diesels ever made, in a platform that isn't made anymore=valuable-but $60K is on crack! Most of the ones I see around here are rusting in difficult to repair places, as well (although this one does look pretty good). Crazy prices are always interesting-there always seems to be someone with more money than sense out there!

Yep.

There's a local, well-respected import shop that has a bunch of Land Cruisers for sale on their "lot". Mostly 40-80s. They have outrageous prices on the windshields and they maybe sell one vehicle a year. My belief is that the owner really likes LCs and that he buys them as a business expense, enjoys them while in inventory, and places high prices on them to keep people from buying them - and if they do pay, then great, major profit.
Yeah, I think Pawn Stars does that, super high prices on their super bowl rings because he really doesn't want to sell them, having them in the shop draws people in.

Reactions: JC1
If that engine was in a pickup with under 80K on the clock and rust free I bet it would get 40k minimum right now. Add a bit for the platform and he is still high but not as much as you would think. Any other time it would be half this price. I saw a Jeep dealer adding 20k to the sticker price for a Wrangler unlimited last week.

Sure it's worth it. Ivory Leather Seats

Let us not forget that it was also the personal vehicle of the owner of Anchor Subaru since 04! So it's practically a celebrity car, Jon Voight's Lebaron got's nothing on this one.

1_k7YVv8QLyuhtz__twCBgHQ.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't look at the site, but I did KBB my car's value. 4.5 years old, 60k miles and its private party value is equal or greater than I paid NEW.

The world is so bizarre right now.

That price reminds me of one car I went to look at years ago when someone in our family needed a new to me used vehicle. The vehicle outside paint had major multiple patches of rust, and in general the entire vehicle was poorly maintained and in bad shape. The person who was selling it was obviously from another country and had no idea that the real value of that vehicle was much lower than what he was asking. I did not even spend 30 seconds with that person. Just walked away. You never know how a total stranger might react if you provide them constructive criticisms when they are wrong about something. So some times it is just best to walk away and say nothing.

I'm guessing it's a typo and supposed to say $19,995.
Thats still too much in my opinion, but I line with the KBB value shown at the bottom of the ad 👍🏻

This is a dealership local to me. Not looking to buy, came up in an ad on FB. I fell out of my chair in disbelief
Diesel Excursion prices were crazy before the "pandemic" hit & made everyone crazy. A customer of mine has a 2003 7.3L Eddie Bauer Excursion with 322,000 miles....He dropped $20,000 having it painted (Burgundy/Tan) & the interior redone. That's on top of $13,000 he spent at my shop having the 4R100 rebuilt, Injectors, ICP Solenoid, Valve Cover Gaskets, Glow Plugs, Radiator, Hoses & other miscellaneous items.

Diesel Excursion prices were crazy before the "pandemic" hit & made everyone crazy. A customer of mine has a 2003 7.3L Eddie Bauer Excursion with 322,000 miles....He dropped $20,000 having it painted (Burgundy/Tan) & the interior redone. That's on top of $13,000 he spent at my shop having the 4R100 rebuilt, Injectors, ICP Solenoid, Valve Cover Gaskets, Glow Plugs, Radiator, Hoses & other miscellaneous items.
Bill what's his face over at Powerstrokehelp.com gets big $$$ for engine work on Ford trucks, mainly 6.0/4/7 PSD

I guess it's good business if people really like their trucks 🤷‍♂️

Even at half that price its still not that amazing. $30k for any 7.3 is a lot imo. You could buy so many great used vehicles for that kind of money. Personally i would rather just get a brand new 4x4 converted van and call it a day.

Back