Is their a third party/ aftermarket additive than can make passenger vehicle oil work in diesel engines?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I have a very large stash of synthetic oil designed for gas engines. Some of it Euro oil, some of it truck and SUV oil (Mobil and Pennzoil), and some of it Mobil annual oil. I have a 6.7l Powerstroke (2019), and hate buying diesel oil, with a garage full of gasoline engine oil.

Seeing if there is an aftermarket product that is available to make oil formulated for gas engines, to be used to meet the requirements/ formulation of diesel oil for a diesel engine.

While you can usually go the other way around unfortunately can't use gas only oil in a diesel engine. I would say the Euro oil could work if it's diesel rated too but a lot of those Euro dual oils are for light duty. I know this is not what saves you money in the short term but it will save you in the long term. Get some $13 a gallon Super Tech 15w-40 that has the correct F1 specification for your Power Stroke or $14 a gallon Napa (Valvoline) oil and give out the car oil to family & friends.

I have a very large stash of synthetic oil designed for gas engines. Some of it Euro oil, some of it truck and SUV oil (Mobil and Pennzoil), and some of it Mobil annual oil. I have a 6.7l Powerstroke (2019), and hate buying diesel oil, with a garage full of gasoline engine oil.

Seeing if there is an aftermarket product that is available to make oil formulated for gas engines, to be used to meet the requirements/ formulation of diesel oil for a diesel engine.
Euro oils are dual rated.

That is an expensive, newer diesel truck - use the correct oil in it; don’t monkey around trying to make PCMO work.
Worst case, see if you can trade someone for HDEO.

Are you saying Euro oils can be used in American diesel engines, to include the 6.7L PowerStroke?
No. You can't go out & use a passenger car Euro oil in an application for heavy duty diesels, as they are ACEA C-category, not E-category.

You bought a diesel truck, so you need to go buy heavy duty diesel oil.

Back