Is the 6.0L Powerstroke really THAT bad????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to agree with all of you. wafrederick1 you are a little too ignorant to be posting.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
Plus the 6.0 gets the worst fuel mileage.There is a rear bumper sticker out mostly on Dodges and most Ford guys would hate it:I would be cumming than stroking.

I would rather be stroked than rammed!

Here is a PARTIAL list of things do to for the 6.0l PSD: (other diesels will benefit too)

Don't use anything but Motorcraft, International, Fram, or Racor made oil and fuel filters. (Fram for oil, racor makes the Fram cartridge).

Use synthetic 5W-40 oil of your choice. Change every 5,000 miles unless using an oil analysis service, and they say it is OK to go longer.

Use only the Donaldson (Stock Ford) air filter with the blue media.

Watch your fuel pressure!! Low fuel pressure = failed injectors.

Use a lubricity fuel additive. (Stanadyne, John Deere, Opti-lube, or 2 cycle TCW3 oil 1oz. per gallon)

Take the stupid EGR system (whole system, cooler especially) out when just past warranty.

Don't idle for more than 5 minutes, use high idle (1,200 RPM's) when idling longer than 5 minutes.

Get the motor past 3,000 RPM's once a day to keep the cobs blown out of it.

My rig: 2006 6.0l PSD with 54,000 flawless miles. (knocking on wood)

Or replace that POS 6.0 with a Cummins.There is a conversion kit out to do this and it costs $16,000.00.One was shown on Extreme 4x4,a guy converted the 6.0 to the Cummins to a Ford Excursion.

Or replace that POS 6.0 with a Cummins.There is a conversion kit out to do this and it costs $16,000.00.One was shown on Extreme 4x4,a guy converted the 6.0 to the Cummins to a Ford Excursion.

You are not qualified to be contributing on this topic. In fact, I doubt you are qualified to be contributing on ANY topic unless it involves jerry-rigging a GM small-block into something with a chain and binder twine.

Have you noticed NOBODY agrees with your posts? Might be a clue......

The powerstrokes get the worst fuel mileage.This bumper sticker I mentioned is out there.I do know a guy that has this bumper sticker on his Dodge with the Cummins.bdcardinal,quit the slander NOW and I do speak english.

i will stop as soon as you can show slander, well your dad might be able to, when he is busy not selling ford trucks.

Originally Posted By: 1OilLover
I would rather be stroked than rammed!

Here is a PARTIAL list of things do to for the 6.0l PSD: (other diesels will benefit too)

Don't use anything but Motorcraft, International, Fram, or Racor made oil and fuel filters. (Fram for oil, racor makes the Fram cartridge).

Use synthetic 5W-40 oil of your choice. Change every 5,000 miles unless using an oil analysis service, and they say it is OK to go longer.

Use only the Donaldson (Stock Ford) air filter with the blue media.

Watch your fuel pressure!! Low fuel pressure = failed injectors.

Use a lubricity fuel additive. (Stanadyne, John Deere, Opti-lube, or 2 cycle TCW3 oil 1oz. per gallon)

Take the stupid EGR system (whole system, cooler especially) out when just past warranty.

Don't idle for more than 5 minutes, use high idle (1,200 RPM's) when idling longer than 5 minutes.

Get the motor past 3,000 RPM's once a day to keep the cobs blown out of it.

My rig: 2006 6.0l PSD with 54,000 flawless miles. (knocking on wood)

pretty much all is true.

Last edited:

If waferederick1 takes over his dads used car business it will be out of business within a month unless the government bails him out.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

If waferederick1 takes over his dads used car business it will be out of business within a month unless the government bails him out.

Which won't happen, since he would be unable to pass a grade 4 reading, writing and comprehension test.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

crackmeup2.gif

Do we have to go that far, guys? Beating someone down is no way to help them or yourselves become better people. I mean, what good can come of it?

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
Do we have to go that far, guys? Beating someone down is no way to help them or yourselves become better people. I mean, what good can come of it?
I agree! Lets get back to badmouthing the 6.0
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back