Is the 6.0L Powerstroke really THAT bad????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use OEM filters (OEM fuel filter is most important), follow the severe service schedule, and get an aftermarket fuel pressure gauge to make sure base fuel pressure stays in spec, those are the best ways to keep a 6.0 going.

Plus the 6.0 gets the worst fuel mileage.There is a rear bumper sticker out mostly on Dodges and most Ford guys would hate it:I would be cumming than stroking.

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
Plus the 6.0 gets the worst fuel mileage.There is a rear bumper sticker out mostly on Dodges and most Ford guys would hate it:I would be cumming than stroking.

That's odd, Jon's gets ~17MPG, with him driving the [censored] out of it. But, unlike you he actually owns one....... Facts vs heresy.... imagine that.

My cousin has a 2005 or 2006 F-250 6.0. It tows trailers regularly. I don't know the weight of the trailers, but it is usually stuff like building materials and Bobcats. So far the truck has not had any major issues. I think it has a little over 100K miles on it. I don't know what kind of fuel economy it gets.

Early 6.0s were the most problematic. They came out in 2003.

When you look at used trucks, you will probably notice that 2003 7.3s sell for a lot more than 2003 6.0s.

In my personal opinion they are a decent engine. Ppl have to remember to read between the lines when some retard opens his mouth about it. They are prone to many issues but many of these soo called "failures" are due to the major lack of knowledge and maintenance. I get decent fuel millage myself on the hwy but in town I tend to drive rather aggressively, hence bad mileage. some one also mentioned filters, I buy them straight from international, $50 for fuel and oil filters. one last thing ppl have to remember is that new emission standards are a big reason for complications, higher injection pressures along with egr treatments are not necessarily good for engines.

A good maintenance schedule along with good filters and oil will go a long way in the life of any engine.

oh also good fuel conditioner as well, the new fuels that consist of sulfur 15ppm or less have less lubricity than older diesel fuel combination's. The ULSD is a good thing for engine oil and exhaust systems but no soo good for fuel systems.

Last edited:

Do you know what yur talking about? seriously? are you sure you don't mean the 6.4? I know many ppl who run these engines and fuel millage is not a complaint.

English, do you speak it?

The powerstrokes get the worst fuel mileage.This bumper sticker I mentioned is out there.I do know a guy that has this bumper sticker on his Dodge with the Cummins.bdcardinal,quit the slander NOW and I do speak english.

So what you're saying is that you can't service the 6.0 the same way you did the 7.3, and get the same service out of it?

I only know of one truck with the 6.0, (local junkyard), and they take very good care of it, and they had just a few minor issues with it...

The powerstrokes get the worst fuel mileage.This bumper sticker I mentioned is out there.I do know a guy that has this bumper sticker on his Dodge with the Cummins.bdcardinal,quit the slander NOW and I do speak english.

Do you do all your learning from bumper stickers?

LOL.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Do you do all your learning from bumper stickers?

they are like little textbooks. you never see them on Ford trucks though because they never sell.

The 6.0 doesn't get "the worst mileage", guy.
Now here's some slander, Jasper puts out nothing but garbage.

All that I get from your posts; you know nothing about Ford's and you dislike them. Mostly everything you post is slander.

Originally Posted By: panthermike

All that I get from your posts; you know nothing about Ford's and you dislike them. Mostly everything you post is slander.

Well, then you have gleaned more than I sir. What comes across to me is that he is a bumbling idiot
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: panthermike

Well, then you have gleaned more than I sir. What comes across to me is that he is a bumbling idiot
grin2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back