Is seafoam as good as redline,crc 1tank?

As title says,was pondering past day or 2..
Redline,crc1 tank have the most PEA in them.found 2 YouTube guys,used bored cope too see piston tops 500 miles after using the products.before pics piston tops dirty.after,nearly spotless,decline appearing to have cleaned the most.
Using a can seafoam,on half a tank...does seafoam clean as good as the 2 pea cleaners?
I liked project farms lawnmower vids.seafoam.cleaned virtually everything..

I don't think Seafoam does anything meaningful for fuel injector cleaning compared to Redline SI-1, Berryman B12, Royal Purple Max Clean or Max Atomizer, BG 44K, etc. I stopped using it in recent years myself after having used it for over 20 years on a regular basis.

Seafoam does little to nothing in a car but in a low comp crusty small engine yeah it can do something. I'd only really use it in a sump as a flush.

Seafoam does little to nothing in a car but in a low comp crusty small engine yeah it can do something. I'd only really use it in a sump as a flush.

Good point, I think it can make a difference in a smaller engine. I have gotten good results using it in my zero turn lawnmower's 25hp Kohler engine as well as other smaller power equipment motors, etc.

This doesn't really amount to much but it is one of the only videos from Project Farm that I really like:

Its expensive for what it is. light oil, alcohol and naptha. You could save a bunch of money and buy a big jug of denatured alcohol, and a big jug of white gas, and not have all that oil.

Why try to clean carbon off pistons with a product that has a bunch of carbon( oil ) in it?

Berryman b-12 has a lot more solvent, less oil ( it has some kero in it) and is like $2.97 a can. I use it and techron. But i don't like dumping oil in my fuel.

Yep, use it with my favorite Gasoleum and Oirl from the 1930s 'cause they were designed for 21st century engines.

GoodGulf.jpg

Motor Oil.jpg

I got the idea,from youtube..project farm.he used deadpan in a lawnmower though. It cleaned it really **** good,after he ran it n took the cover off,showing what seafoam did!
I have used seafoam in the past,brake booster line.made a ton of white smoke! But never used a borescope, before after shots. Other YouTube vids,borescopes...I've come too conclusion,at least for intake cleaning...crc gdi intake spray. Nates automotive...yeah he's a kinda nutjob.but does many before n after bore scope pics,using various chemical additives for cars..crc showed intakes virtually spotless..the valves.
As for seafoam. In gas. I liked the results from project farm.but again,that's a lawnmower engine,not a car.
I belive,redline has up too 40% PEA. Crc 1tank,up to 30% ,gumout regaine 10%?

Not sure why we have cases of this stuff at our shop when it doesn't have any benefits for diesel engines. It can't be fogged into the intake and there are diesel fuel specific additives that work much better than overpriced paint tinner.

Back