Is Redline Oil compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Redline Oil compatible with oil left in the car? Do you have to use an engine flush? Can you use Auto-RX with Redline? Does Redline keep an engine clean? Where can you buy it-is it available at retail stores? If you have to add oil during a trip, can you use conventional oil to bring the oil level up, with Redline in the crankcase?

Redline is made compatible with other motor oils. If there is an interest in using Redline the effort to be prepared with a couple extra quarts extra is all part of the game. Other wise Jiffy lube has free top off with one of their services.

quote:

Originally posted by sprintman:
Auto-Rx with Redline? Why as it's only going to be in the sump for a short period.

I think he's referring to doing the 3oz maintenance doses of RX along with Redline.

opps. Redline cleans pretty good ,how dirty is the engine? For the cost of on engine flush maybe a shorter oil change ? Call redline oil they are helpful.

quote:

Originally posted by Mystic:
Is Redline Oil compatible with oil left in the car?
Absolutely
Do you have to use an engine flush?
No
Can you use Auto-RX with Redline?
I do!
Does Redline keep an engine clean?
Yes, or at least it'll be as good as anything else in that regard.
Where can you buy it-is it available at retail stores?
No. I buy direct from RedLine
If you have to add oil during a trip, can you use conventional oil to bring the oil level up, with Redline in the crankcase?
Yes, but it's better to just buy a few more quarts of RedLine and store them in the trunk. That's what I do, anyway.

As far as where to buy it, try the Site Sponsor here that sells Redline. Looks like they have good prices, don't forget to tell them you saw them on Bob Is The Oil Guy so they become full sponsors!

As far as the cleaning ability of Red Line, well, Let's just say that left sitting on my frame, the Red Line strips the undercoating. I don't think you would need autorx with Red Line, it would be overkill and a waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back