Is oil really too expensive??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,5 quarts of M1 EP with an M1 filter,2x a year at AZ, is not too expensive for me at $38 a shot. In fact,I make money running synthetic 'cause I get slighty better mpg.

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
Petroleum products are only going to go up, on average, with increasing scarcity and increasing demand. It is just a fact. However, they are not "too expensive" or we wouldn't continue to buy them--the law of supply and demand still works with regard to oil.

My personal opinion is that synthetics are probably worth the price if you can double your dino drain interval. I'm currently switching from a 5K average to a 10K average on one of my vehicles that sees mostly highway use. Along the way I'll gain better cold starting capability, probably a slight gain in fuel mileage (debatable), and better engine protection. I realize that dino protects sufficiently if changed at regular intervals, but why not go for the longer drains that help the environment, my wallet, and provide me with more leisure time?

I agree and this is why I've gone with the oils in my sig . Initial cost may seem more but the longer OCI's more than save me time and money in the long run and less waste to worry about disposing .

Originally Posted By: J. A. Rizzo
And if you can get conventional oil for $2/qt., why spend $4 for no benefits?

Who says there is no benefits? Are all of the marketing claims for synthetic oils of less friction/wear and improved gas mileage are just marketing ploys? If so, it would seem there is no reason for synthetic oils to exist in the first place.

Just want to understand the thought process here since it would seem that at least one of the synthetics would speak the truth...

Sure,man. 4,000/19=210.5..........4,000/19.5=205. 210.5-205= 5.5x $3.00=$16.50 savings. $38 for 5 qts. M1 EP,includes a $12,M1 filter. Autozone deal 3-4 times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back