is ocd common amonst members of BITOG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: tonycarguy
When I was a young kid walking home from school, I always avoided stepping on the expansion gaps on the sidewalk. Dunno why!

I did the same.

I stepped ON them.
45.gif

As I remember, the 'reasoning' went something like: If one segment suddenly collapses - and falls into the lava below - I'd still be safe. ( I read lots of books about volcanoes, tornadoes, etc.
whistle.gif
)

I blame everything on my dad! Freud would be proud!
Back when I was 7 or so, he stashed some glowing charcoal under a rock, and excitedly called me over. "OMG, there's a VOLCANO coming!" I don't remember much after that, but I apparently spent the next few hours is a state of abject panic. (According to Mom, who wasn't exactly thrilled...)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: mozart

I haven't been diagnosed with ocd myself, but when I get into a subject I have a hard time letting it go for a bit of time.

But.......what did the Dr. say at the end????

There is no cure lol

I'm amazed this is a five page thread! Some dang funny responses. Yowza

Last edited:
OCD would be removing the filter 12 times until you got it just right in alignment for the markings ..then doing it again just to make sure.

Several months ago, OCD was defined as:
Tossing and turning at 3AM wondering: "Should I dash to the garage and drain the killer M1 5W-30 before it destroys my valve gear?!"
shocked2.gif
crazy2.gif

OCD me?... nah. I'm just somewhere between perfectionist and extra attention to detail. At least with my cars.

i actually do have OCD...i am taking generic effexor for it...probably why i am on this stupid site a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back