Is now a good time to buy Bitcoin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITOG is not the place for researching pundits’ suggestions on market timing, education, or recommendations. There are countless YouTube videos, twitter posts, and articles to satisfy your own curiosity. I personally am not fond of Bitcoin. The Canadian Government seizing Bitcoin transaction rights from the truckers dissuaded me from trusting Bitcoin as an escape from fiat overlords.

I almost put $6,000 into bitcoin in 2010 when it was worth fractions of a dollar. If I could have kept it safe over the intervening years it would have been nice to have turned that into $600 million.

I almost put $6,000 into bitcoin in 2010 when it was worth fractions of a dollar. If I could have kept it safe over the intervening years it would have been nice to have turned that into $600 million.
Never mind. I missed the word "almost". Sorry. Yeah, I have a ton of stocks like that too...........

Never mind. I missed the word "almost". Sorry. Yeah, I have a ton of stocks like that too...........

I actually didn't do it because I had security concerns. Ended up doing something boring with it.

That's alright, a big day for me these days is hanging out and pretending to help someone build a car or getting in the way of the real crew when I go to "help" them at the race. I would probably be just as boring anyway.

Over time suspicion about Bitcoin seems to be growing. This is a good thing.

When you have a minute one day, plug the name of the "person" who supposedly started Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto, into an online translator from Japanese to English and see what you get. It will be variations of a three-word phrase, with the first word "central".

Cryptocurrency is growing, it still has a very small base, I can not deny the fact that I have made money on other coins. I heard about btc from a friend in 2012, I wish everyday I had spent $1,000 on it. Compared to other things I wasted money on, btc woulda been a much better buy lol. Also creating my own white label crypto exchange is a good decision too. Now is good time to start.

Are you reporting your crypto gains on your taxes ?

Sadly many in this country take for granted our secure lives and freedoms. We take for granted our government will always be around, what about the people around the world, where government collapses and nothing remains, meaning the money you had in the bank doesnt exist anymore, countries with no FDIC ect ect ... failed governments, failed banking systems, this was the intention of bitcoin.

Bitcoin does serve a purpose around the globe. Here is one heart wrenching example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back