Is name brand oil sold at walmart the same as sold at other stores?

Is this a trick question ?

Yes, it's the same ... but the bottles may have a unique SKU bar code for Walmart, and that might throw someone off. I called Valvoline and verified that when I saw the SKU was different for Valvoline at Walmart. But Valvoline said it was the same exact oil.

If it was a different brew, then it would need to be tested again for Dexos approval and it would carry a different Dexos license number. This is very easy to check, as it’s on the jug. And a difference of only one letter or number means that it is a different license number and a different product.

As long as you compare like with like, eg vanilla M1 5W30 from both stores, then you should see the same license number.
You're acting like facts or proof will convince people :ROFLMAO: I mean, I read it on the internet that it's not the same oil so it must be true. Plus, my cousin's wife's girlfriend works at Autozone and their oil rep told them it's true too.

You're acting like facts or proof will convince people :ROFLMAO: I mean, I read it on the internet that it's not the same oil so it must be true. Plus, my cousin's wife's girlfriend works at Autozone and their oil rep told them it's true too.
Actually what you read on the Internet is that it is the same. The dude asking the question here doesn’t know what he’s talking about but the answer is still the same:

6B14DE58-764B-4299-BBB7-55440BE307AA.gif

Alternate universe, baby! Maybe some kinda cat in a box thing?
That would be the Everett interpretation or many worlds. The cat in the box is Schrödinger's cat. But no worries, it was a thought experiment, no actual cat was ever actually alive and dead at the same time.

I'm not a fan of the Everett interpretation. While it might explain superposition and entanglement, it creates an even bigger problem with an infinite number of alternate universes being created. It's worse than a Rube Goldberg device, solves one problem but there's a much bigger problem that's created with the solution. Still it seems popular though.

Actually what you read on the Internet is that it is the same.
Sorry, that was sarcasm.... Besides, I can most certainly find claims on the internet that it's the same oil just as well as I can find claims that it's not the same oil.

Well , this thread has drifted about as far as it could go . Typical BITOG though .

That would be the Everett interpretation or many worlds. The cat in the box is Schrödinger's cat. But no worries, it was a thought experiment, no actual cat was ever actually alive and dead at the same time.
1. Singularity
2. I am the crazy cat lady

Sorry, that was sarcasm.... Besides, I can most certainly find claims on the internet that it's the same oil just as well as I can find claims that it's not the same oil.
By the manufacturer who knows what they are taking about? Or by idiots that also see Bigfoot?

Consider the source, something that’s generally lacking on here.

In my experience, many times the BIG BOX stores will carry the identical products but they will have a special SKU or Scantron type numbers specific for their store. The product may be the same but different scantron numbers prevent "price matching" since the "price matching" is always for the "same product."

I highly doubt oil formulas would be altered just for one retailer. The effort would probably negate any price savings.

Back