Is Mobil1 Truck&SUV a good synthetic and is it good for an S4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this better than say, the 0W-40 SS as far as base stock and UOA's? Can it be used in a V8 S4? It has no specs that my car is under but I've heard it's good. What group is it? Would GC be a better choice for an 05 Audi S4 V8?

[ May 13, 2005, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: V8Blitz ]

Whilst D1 is an excellent oil I would be very wary of putting a non-specified oil in your new car. Not that it would cause any damage but becuase it may be a reason to deny warranty.

theguru makes a good point! Those Germans have been getting real anal about oil spec. and warranty claims lately! It would be wise to use an oil off of their approved list or one that specificly states it meet's their spec. for the duration of the warranty. I know M1 0W40 meets's their spec. as much as I like other oils better. You will need to ask fellow Audi owners for more choices!

Follow mnfr specs through the warranty period to avoid headaches although unlikely.

You obviously care enough about your engine internals otherwise you would not be here
smile.gif

If your using an *true synthetics* meeting the appropriate API/ACEA requirements your more than ahead of the game.

*PAO/Ester formulations*

On the bright side at least you are not forced to run 5W20
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back