Is M1 the only 0W-40 that is approved for SP, A40 and LL-01?

Presumably 0W-30 reformulated to regain LL-01?
Castrol told me they did change the formulation, and the code on the bottle did change, but whatever change it was it does not seem very meaningful. Specs are almost the same and additive package looks the same.

Castrol told me they did change the formulation, and the code on the bottle did change, but whatever change it was it does not seem very meaningful. Specs are almost the same and additive package looks the same.
They changed packaging etc. Companies won’t say: nothing changed. They have to advertise that product “improved,” whatever that means. IMO, it stayed the same. Unless there was tweaking around calcium etc. But that doesn’t have anything to do with LL01 re-approval.

They changed packaging etc. Companies won’t say: nothing changed. They have to advertise that product “improved,” whatever that means. IMO, it stayed the same. Unless there was tweaking around calcium etc. But that doesn’t have anything to do with LL01 re-approval.
PDS specs changed slightly and the formula code on the bottle changed. Just like M1 bottles with SN on the back that say 6748 have SP oil in the bottle. I'm not saying it is significant, just that it clearly changed.

PDS specs changed slightly and the formula code on the bottle changed. Just like M1 bottles with SN on the back that say 6748 have SP oil in the bottle. I'm not saying it is significant, just that it clearly changed.
Will see what VOA says. Changes happen bcs. logistics etc. Still, IMO nothing to do with LL approvals. There are no any meaningful, if at all, base stock changes. Take into consideration that there was disruption in the logistics bcs. Ukraine.

Will see what VOA says. Changes happen bcs. logistics etc. Still, IMO nothing to do with LL approvals. There are no any meaningful, if at all, base stock changes. Take into consideration that there was disruption in the logistics bcs. Ukraine.
Yes, I doubt it has anything to do with LL01. Just the usual tweaks.

Back