Is it a good idea to put Frantz fuel filter in the engine bay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After moving the battery to the trunk I notice the free up space in the engine bay is kind of hot from engine heat. Is it safe to put a Frantz fuel bypass filter there? Do I need to insulate the canister from heat?

I put mine up close to where cool air will hit it.. Either way I don't think it's a problem with having it in the engine compartment. This is where 99% of them are installed.

Duh, I'm ok, I just read FUEL FILTER I am a moron....
banghead.gif

I put a Frantz back at the rear of the engine on a Subaru Brat. It absorbed heat and caused a serious vapor lock problem. Remember if you have a wreck with a big fuel filter where it can rupture it is a bomb. Motor Guard is the best fuel filter you can buy. It seals the element at both ends.
I haven't sold the Frantz for about 10 years. Water isn't normally a problem. Toilet paper can't handle water in a Frantz. The Motor Guard element is made to handle water without channeling. It is similar to coffee filter paper in a roll. In the equipment at work I use the Motor Guard element where I am dealing with a very agressive oil or large amount of water. Some of this synthetic oil is a little strange. On some big turbine engines the oil will burn your skin. The Motor Guard element has a 175 degree temperature limit. The core is the material they make gas cans with. The big Gardner Denver compressor at work will do a job on TP. The head engineer told me to use the Motor Guard elements. The (T) handle seals the element on a Motor Guard.

Ralph
burnout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back