Is Honda PS Fluid Anything Special?

I have used the O'Reilly house brand Honda specific PS fluid. Much cheaper and it comes in a quart bottle.
Same here. We have a 2009 Honda CR-V EX AWD. It's had Honda OEM PSF, Prestone Honda compatible PSF, and O'Reilly MasterPro brand Honda compatible PSF. I just hand pump out then refill the reservoir.

I used a bottle of the Autozone Shop Pro in my daughters '08 CRV. The metal line along right frame rail rotted and was losing fluid. I filled reservoir and lost most of that on a 100 mile highway drive. I refilled with Honda PSF after replacement of the line. I can say that the Autozone Honda compatible has a seriously strong odor but does say full synthetic. I'm not sure what was in it before that as my shop did steering rack replacement about 8 months prior. I had done a couple reservoir changes with Honda PSF before they swapped racks.
ps fluid 1.jpg

ps fluid 2.jpg

ps line2.jpg

decades ago I saw a MSDS of one manufacture's Honda vs non Honda PS fluid, the Honda one is thicker with more detergent. If you use the non Honda one it might leak.

Back