is GC still green?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 9krpmrx8
What does the color have to do with anything? My GC is not green.

I dont know,everybody makes a big thing about the green.

Well if the German Castrol was made i German and dyed green if it is the same product why would it not be green? I thought it was a completly different product once it went Gold. In fact I thought it was not even made in Germany any more hence not GC!How do we know it is the same anyone retest it and let Molakule and Terry reinterpit the results?

JB, I don't think it is the same, at least not exactly. IIRC, Castrol stated in an email to a member here, that they have updated the additive package, which uses a different color dye.

The last time I checked (a few months ago), Gold Syntec 0W30 was still made in Germany.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
JB, I don't think it is the same, at least not exactly. IIRC, Castrol stated in an email to a member here, that they have updated the additive package, which uses a different color dye.

The last time I checked (a few months ago), Gold Syntec 0W30 was still made in Germany.

It doesn't smell the same after the change, and I believe there are VOAs confirming that it has changed somewhat.

UOAs and behavioural observations still indicate it's good.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Green oil...nope.

Old news here, but from early 2002 through early 2005, so-called "German Castrol" 0w-30 (look for "Made in Germany" somewhere on the back of the bottle), GC WAS made in Germany, and it did have an amazing emerald green color as it poured from the bottle. The green color lasted much longer than RP's purple color lasts, but it does ultimately turn amber and then brown with use.

Since we have all these throwback questions regarding German Castrol, I was wondering if I could inquire about my small stash of it (seven quarts).

Some of the bottles have a yellow rectangular border stating "European Formula" and the "Castrol Syntec" is flush straight across with an "Unlock the Power" . More importantly, these bottles do not list a spec. for "Porche Approved" on the back.

The other bottles I have the "Castrol Syntec" sloping a bit and states "Out performs all leading motor oils." It DOES list itself as "Porche Approved."

My question is, which are older? The non-Porche Approved spec'd bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back