Is GC still German?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to AZ today to get some GC and as always checked batch numbers and label and was surprised to see that on M05 bottle "Made in Germany" was nowhere to be found.
dunno.gif
I grabbed 5W-40 bottle and batch M05 had "Made in Belgium" clearly stated on the back. What's going on?

What are the other numbers after the M05 because EVERY bottle I have seen in batches 0501 and 0502 say "Made In Germany."

daemonite,

His second comment didn't even register with me...I zeroed in on the GC comments and didn't even think to say that 5W40 is Belgian not German. I still think he was talking about 0W-30 when he made the comments about the batch number.

quote:

Originally posted by daemonite:
5w40 isnt GERMAN

0w30 is GERMAN

Come on dude, I know that
rolleyes.gif
I was just trying to point out the fact that 5W-40 still had labels indicating that it was imported from Belgium even though it was also M05 batch indicating 2005 production.

I went to another AZ store and got GC (Castrol Syntec 0W-30 for you daemonite), M04 batch and funny thing is it was on sale in that store, $4.39 compared to $5.19 at the other one. Is this a known AZ practice?

I've seen AZ prices vary from store to store also...

5.99 to 4.59

I'm about to head to autozone to confirm the M05 no longer says germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back