Is anyone on their last car/truck

I try to keep my vehicles as long as I can but I usually find a hot deal on something and think it's time to trade. Sometimes I just get the spring fever and pull the trigger on something different. Usually it's the truck I keep the longest however the Corvette is winning so far...I bought it with 1025 miles in 05 and I really want to keep it another year or two however I might get the "corvette fever" and decide to buy a newer, faster, and more fuel efficient Corvette but it will be a red one again.

I'm not sure. I'm almost 54, retired and have several vehicles that could probably last me so that I don't have to buy any others but I like vehicles and eventually will probably want something new even though I don't really need it.

The high costs of new vehicles has kept me from really wanting to buy anything new and I really don't like all of the new electronics, start/stop, and cylinder deactivation that a lot of new ones have these days so I really haven't been too interested in buying something new.

I would hope not, although I shy away from new cars because of how overly complex and complicated they have become. The only new vehicle that's really of interest to me is a diesel-powered Yukon XL; perhaps I'll take the plunge in the not too distant future.

Boy does this post bring back memories. I remember when the 2004 Ford F-250 came to the farm. I would have been 8 or 9 and I remember my grandpa saying that truck will out last him. Turned out he passed away in that very truck on their farm feeding his herd of Hereford cattle in 2010. That truck is still here and still in fact still very low mileage and in fantastic shape. My grandma wanted a newer Buick than her 2003 LeSabre but was diagnosed with ALS in 2018 and passed a few months later in February 2019. The 1977 Electra 225 is still here along with the 03.

I'm planning on buying a new Goldwing in the next few months, and I anticipate that it will be my last motorcycle.
Are you getting a '21 model? I just bought an '18 and I love it. I haven't had but one day of acceptable riding weather, but I did take it out for a couple of hours that day. I would highly recommend the DCT, the automatic is extremely nice!

When my dad bought the 2001 F350 that I now have he did say it would be the last vehicle he bought for himself. He was 61 at the time and it didn't really make sense to me. But that did prove to be true. He's still with us (thankfully!) but not in great health and certainly doesn't drive any more.

Nobody really knows. Any vehicle can be destroyed (or destroy itself) unexpectedly any time, and anybody of any age can suddenly die or become disabled.

So in my case, yes, IF my present vehicle outlasts me without requiring unreasonably pricey repair. It surely would, if it lasts as long as the Mazda did, but I doubt it's capable of lasting over half as long.

Otherwise, maybe, maybe not.

The trucks in my sig suggest they will be used for a long while. However, if a diesel truck came along that is right it would be my last truck purchase before succoring to the EV curse.

Well, I don’t know yet. Based on how much I’ve driven it in the last year, my GTI will have 100k miles on it by the time I’m 117 years old. I’ll let you know then!

Only 40 so I have alot of cars/trucks ahead of me.. but I will say this. If your older and want a certain car buy it. My grandma before she died always talked about about buying a red sporty car, nothing specific just different than the 98 Taurus she had for a long time. Well we didn't know it but the Taurus had a really high idle. We're pretty sure that caused her wreck and not long after that the ailment that caused her passing, the wreck could of caused it but who knows.

Other grandpa wanted a electric car and talked about a newer truck. He really didn't do much in the last few years. I will say this since I own the Dakota now.. it was in terrible, beyond terrible, shape no wonder he didn't drive it. If he had a better truck I wonder if he would of been more active. The electric car not sure why he didn't.. don't think they found one they wanted.

If you can afford it buy it.. Eventually I'll get to where I'm trading out vehicles more but right now I'm able to maintain our current fleet and save the $$ for the future.

I could see me keeping one of the trucks I have now for good. Most likely as a secondary vehicle and a more family friendly option as the primary vehicle.

Hopefully my Tacoma will be my last vehicle. But it's possible that I will eventually stop camping and dirt biking and end up swapping it for a midsize SUV.

Possibly. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
I hadn't thought of "my last vehicle" quite like that. Morbid? Or just me?

I will say what my last vehicle(s) will be when I have been diagnosed with some terminal decease, besides just being mortal...

I am now. When I bought my 2004 Focus I was 51, knew it would be with me a long time, but not how long. Now I know and that is for good at 67. I see no reason why it couldn't go another 20 years being at 177,000 miles now and getting only 8,000/yr. What sealed it was being given a 1991 Mazda 626 in 2009 as 88-92 are one of my all time favorites. That gets 3,000/yr. Both are sticks where I can change the clutch myself. No auto to die on me. The final seal was taking on my father's 2004 LeSabre when he passed away. It was his baby and I told him I would take care of it. He knew that since I have been taking care of his, originally, 1968 Cougar since 1969. That car had 45,000 miles twp years ago. Has the excellent GM 3800 and gets about 2,500 miles/yr. So my daily drivers are covered for good and I prefer sticks which may disappear before you realize it. After that I could drive the F100, Park Lane, Mustang, Cougar, or Polara.

I hope. Maybe a couple more trips to the gulf, then if my time comes so be it. Last thing I want to deal with is buying another **** car.

I have almost have my check cashed 4 times and made it, the day before each time I would have swore I had 50 years left. The first time I was in my mid 20's. Only 5 more to go. LOL

Back