Is a higher viscocity oil better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by userfriendly
What year did we chase you out of Mississauga with the chlorinated train wreck?

I remember that train derailment well! We lived far enough away that we weren't part of the mandatory evacuation, but we decided to go stay with my uncle in Hamilton for a day or two anyways just to be safe. I stayed in Mississauga until 2012 and have been in Oakville since.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by userfriendly
What year did we chase you out of Mississauga with the chlorinated train wreck?

1979 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Mississauga_train_derailment

I miss Hazel she was an awesome mayor. (I grew up in Mississauga)

I did not know you grew up in Mississauga, what part? I lived in a few different areas, Streetsville, Meadowvale, Erin Mills and Levi Creek (north of Meadowvale Village)

My wife showed me a video of Hazel dancing at some function this week, at 97 she's still getting out to all kinds of events! She hasn't aged a day in 30 years (although she looked 100 back then too!)
smile.gif

A 16 year old thread resurrected. Someone did some digging to bring this up.

Anyhoo, millions of vehicles are being driven billions of miles on 0w20 with no failures or mass reporting of early wear. Modern oils are that good.

Originally Posted by PimTac
A 16 year old thread resurrected. Someone did some digging to bring this up.

Anyhoo, millions of vehicles are being driven billions of miles on 0w20 with no failures or mass reporting of early wear. Modern oils are that good.

But I can clearly remember posts where people are complaining because of noisy chains/engine.. ..or higher oil consumption with that CAFE oily water...

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
10W-40 would be just fine for it.
In Mexico most of those engines are running around on 20W-50 with no problems.

Not really. Mexicans have moved on to thinner grades as well. Most common grades are 10W30, 10W40 and 15W40 with 10W30 with the largest shelf space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back