iPhone iOS update

1XjDnFVbf7Y22cfyrCFg31w.gif

Two iPhone 13's, 2 Mac mini's and 1 MacBook Air, updated in the last 48 hours.
With that said, its a media event (ad clicks) prudent to update don't get me wrong but the hackers need to be sophisticated enough to pull off the hack you are being protected from and one thing for sure, other then a head of state or corporation or oil sheik they are not going to hack me.
Most all "hacks" for the common people are the fault of the user by going to roque links in an email and entering personal information or downloading roque files.

Translated, you will never ever know of someone who has been effected by this hack. (unless you are one of the ones I mentioned)

Impossible, Apple is perfect. I was at the airport yesterday and once again the hotspot on my iPhone 12 was useless, laptop wouldn't connect to it. I can't believe people buy this trash.

Apple's latest security update is important, but the mass-media response is unhinged

Google fixes fifth Chrome zero-day bug exploited this year

What's the difference between these two stories? In a technical sense, not much.

But one has been deemed clickbait-worthy, and been picked up by mainstream news, and the other, affecting the overwhelmingly dominant web browser, has not.
Wow, what a great post, I just had a debate with a family member about this yesterday, Media Hysteria I told him, when we was telling me about that bad and evil Apple. It amazes me how easy people let their thoughts be manipulated by the media, quite scary honestly that it seems people are losing the ability to reason themselves and let others do it for them. Its like a cult controls their response to everyday stuff.

I find it disturbing and its all around us, everyday more and more. Lack of ability to think independently from the media and question what they are seeing and reading.

I remember when these Unix-like OS's were stated to be immune to hacks & viruses.........
That was the "security by obscurity" days. Nobody tried hacking the Unix because it just was not worth the effort for the 0.0001% of users out there that use it, and those users were "IT nerds" that knew and understood security.
Nowadays it is everywhere and any idiot with a phone clicks on anything on their screen.

I remember when these Unix-like OS's were stated to be immune to hacks & viruses.........

In the same way that Toyotas are never subject to recalls, or never break down?

No rational member of this forum would accept that as immutable fact, or accept lifetime fluid fills without some sort of skepticism.

Or that driving a Jeep makes one a manly man, or that dogs love Subarus.

Thankfully, most rational people have moved on from OS flame wars, or even the phone OS wars.

In the automotive sphere, people have the EV vs. ICE wars to waste their time online time on.

See also Pegasus by NSO Group...

Last edited:
See also Pegasus by NSO Group...

There is a "news story" for anyone who wants to read news, there is a YouTube influencer for anyone who wants to watch them on YouTube. They all have one thing in common, boat loads of money from advertisers. Couple hundred dollars a day in income for your clicks? Easy reality.
$1000 a day income for your clicks? doable.
Search any product, and you will find bad news. No one wants good news. The good news is, Apple is the most secure and responsive major operating system out there. Apple is also the most responsible company trying to protect your privacy.

There is NEVER "good news" in the news or you would be bored out of your mind. They got the majority figured out for income including the news networks. There isnt one person out of 300 million in the USA that a person might know of someone that has been affected by the latest Apple security flaw, that was fixed by the way.

No one system is perfect and for some reason people think hackers are out to get them and I say dont compliment yourself, they arent after someone with 97% of the population or less income or assets. The better hackers are after corporations money, not your limited assets and money.
Of course a secure system is vital to prevent the low level hackers who go after the lower income people but most of them simply rely on email blasts that people click on and then download the necessary files for them to hack into their system, meaning it takes action on the persons part to allow it.
Anyway, just my thoughts, Im sure I am not entirely correct but I do know high level hackers want nothing to do with me.

I would say to anyone in these news stories, if you are so concerned about a hack why haven't you put a freeze on your credit reports with the credit 4 big agencies? (3 consumer and 1 business)
Its free yet only about 20% of the population does it. ;)

Last edited:
There is a "news story" for anyone who wants to read news, there is a YouTube influencer for anyone who wants to watch them on YouTube. They all have one thing in common, boat loads of money from advertisers. Couple hundred dollars a day in income for your clicks? Easy reality.
$1000 a day income for your clicks? doable.
Search any product, and you will find bad news. No one wants good news. The good news is, Apple is the most secure and responsive major operating system out there. Apple is also the most responsible company trying to protect your privacy.

There is NEVER "good news" in the news or you would be bored out of your mind. They got the majority figured out for income including the news networks. There isnt one person out of 300 million in the USA that a person might know of someone that has been affected by the latest Apple security flaw, that was fixed by the way.

No one system is perfect and for some reason people think hackers are out to get them and I say dont compliment yourself, they arent after someone with 97% of the population or less income or assets. The better hackers are after corporations money, not your limited assets and money.
Of course a secure system is vital to prevent the low level hackers who go after the lower income people but most of them simply rely on email blasts that people click on and then download the necessary files for them to hack into their system, meaning it takes action on the persons part to allow it.
Anyway, just my thoughts, Im sure I am not entirely correct but I do know high level hackers want nothing to do with me.

I would say to anyone in this thread, if you are so concerned about a hack why haven't you locked your credit accounts with the credit 4 big agencies? (3 consumer and 1 business)
Its free and you haven't done it. I bet no one in this thread, except me, has done it.;)
You would lose that bet.
But then, my personal info is in the hands of the Chinese thanks to the DoD getting hacked.

So my wife and I have had this lock down in place for many, many years.

You would lose that bet.
But then, my personal info is in the hands of the Chinese thanks to the DoD getting hacked.

So my wife and I have had this lock down in place for many, many years.
Glad I didnt bet any money!!! *LOL*
(also nice to know I am not the only one who does it)
Yeah, we have done it a long time now too and once in a while run the free reports from the agencies. Many, many years ago I found a few small errors in mine and even then they made it easy to get corrected.
Its pretty cool.

Back