iPhone 7s

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 things, first we switched to Consumer Cellular,,it works, the first time,,,new sim cards..cut our Verizon bill in half,,,wow,,,

2nd-- our phones are encased in an after market case, water proof and all so--- that silent switch on top left side of the phone was not in the protector case correctly and it was in the silent mode. Now when someone calls my phone would not ring, just vibrate. I called Consumer Cellular for assistance and was told to try that switch,,,mercy old people,,,will remember that switch next time I take the protector cover off my phone , be sure all phone buttons get inside that cover you use...lol
happy2.gif
all is well and yes the phones are ringing when my hearing aid batteries are installed,,,lmao

Maybe you all have some funny phone stories....

Do you know what model protector case you have? I have an Otterbox on my 7+ and my mom has one on her regular 7. They both have a little trap door for the silent function. I am constantly having to fix hers.

Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Do you know what model protector case you have? I have an Otterbox on my 7+ and my mom has one on her regular 7. They both have a little trap door for the silent function. I am constantly having to fix hers.

Yes I believe it is the Otterbox,,,that trap door is there, took a bit to get the iPhone switch to fit in there, but our covers are 3 years old now.

Originally Posted by CourierDriver
Maybe you all have some funny phone stories....

Probably not funny to anyone else but me... I've been happily using a flip phone up until last week. I did that by eccentric, curmudgeonly choice, not because I am a Luddite. The impending end to 3G prompted me to the modern age. I chose an Iphone SE because small size was my highest priority (and a very cheap SOB too).

The first time I tried to upgrade the IOS to the newest version the phone froze up and the phone tech could not assist me. Good Lord, what did I do wrong? Off to the Apple Store "Genius Bar" (really, not kidding) for a surreal experience - a 60 something farmer in overalls and Stormy Kromer hat among the techno geek nerd lifestyle that I loathe so much. The experience was actually extremely positive and a young lady multi tasked between 3 different customers while fixing our woes - in and out in 20 minutes. She explained that I probably had a data glitch while trying to download/install the new IOS...not that my fat fingers probably mucked something up!

Now, I just need to learn Apple-esque. I.E., my co-worker insists that Apple has 10 different ways you can "touch" the screen buttons... I learned that holding the button a second vs. a brief touch can take you in a different direction! Goodness!

I'm enthusiastic to become part of the recently reported injury level increase among smart phone users. Not from RF waves, etc. - from walking into things (walls, doors, etc.) due to inattention. I do enjoy the connectivity of the new phone and don't imagine that I will develop an umbilical cord to it.

Originally Posted by doitmyself
I'm enthusiastic to become part of the recently reported injury level increase among smart phone users. Not from RF waves, etc. - from walking into things (walls, doors, etc.) due to inattention. I do enjoy the connectivity of the new phone and don't imagine that I will develop an umbilical cord to it.

Wait until you try some of the apps!

I do a lot of variety of construction and also metal fabrication.

I CONSTANTLY use (several times a day):

Compass
Level
Calculator
Timer/Stopwatch/Alarms/Calendar/Notes
Camera
Measuring app
Documents
NOAA (national weather service)
Fieldwire app
STANLEY Floor Plan App
PlanGrid app