Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold

SCH today, for about a 1% gain after owning it over 1 year.

Bought, OTT which is a new one with a 9%+ dividend. Also bought MOT on the advice of PF. I had been looking at it ealier and when PF recommended it that's all it took.

I will be looking to add more in the position overseas, as well as these natural gas stocks like erf

From the LU message board
quote:

Your are quite right, a reverse is a desparate solution that would be much more suitable to be replaced by a buyback. The investor is always at a loss with a reverse with no guarantee that LU will keep improving. Your investment (value) before and after a reverse will not equate. Some one has to pay for the transaction and of course it is the investor.
I have been there before !

Not good!!! I've always lost big time on a R/S

One reason for the reverse split (LU) may be to stay on the NYSE. Their regulations state a minimum stock price must be held, I think it's $2-3 over a certain period of months.....? Also, anything under $5 is considered a "penny stock".

Looks like another nothing day....cheer us up Pablo, tell some jokes or something.......

Actually - IF (BIG IF) the company is starting to do OK this could be a positive thing....the main reasoning - once over the $15/share price - big funds and such will buy the shares.....(dreaming I know !)

We might have the start of a long setup here in the indexes. Tomorrow will tell me more since its a little early yet. If we fail and head lower it will be a long year for longs!

The futures are up solidly this morning; could be another up day....if so, it'll only be the second time this year for back-to-back rises.

I'm trying to figure out GLW. It had a good Q4, but trimmed upcoming Q1 forecast by a penny. Still profitable, better than last year. Don't know whether to cut it loose or not.......?

With the exception of GLW, today WAS excellent!!!!!!!
grin.gif
smile.gif
tongue.gif

I took another bite out of the bear today, that makes three in a row. It's still a very shaky market, though. VERY shaky....

GLW was down again today, but got an analyst upgrade. It's at the botom end of it's trading range, for what that's worth. I think I'll hang on awhile; when the short-sellers have to cover, it'll pop some.....

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
LR - I am not too deep into GLW. I really am considering buying more. Buy now or wait for volumr up?

Yes I'm at the break even point when I bought before. At this time I should buy more, but I'm just about fully invented and can't afford a "block" so I'll just hold on to what I got.

My MOT and OTT are up from my purchase price.

Just moved over the 50% mark on ADM.

With this market good thing 1/2 of my stocks pay a good dividend!! Nice to see that money roll in every month!!

Pablo, the GLW lows were at 10.70 the past two days. Volume was about 4 times normal yesterday, and less on today's down move; generally a positive. Nevertheless, my indicators are all still pointing down on GLW. I'm waiting on an uptrend starting before considering buying more. A slight move up will scare the bejezzers out of the shorts, and they'll start buying back the stock.

Msparks, I too like to have a dividend to fall back on, especially if I get caught out to dry on a trade, and it becomes a "long term" investment instead of a trade.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back