Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy that my 457 plan has a general account that is guaranteed 4% yearly. That takes the place of my bond allocation quite nicely in this market.

The market will go down. Then up again. Repeat. Just like it always does.

"Stay the course"

Jack Bogle Quotes:

"Time is your friend; impulse is your enemy."

"If you have trouble imaging a 20% loss in the stock market, you shouldn't be in stocks."

"When reward is at its pinnacle, risk is near at hand."

http://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=88005

It may not be exciting, but it might help you sleep better at night.

O's yield is up to 5.6% and the price is down some. Payout is Monthly.

Anyone have it/buying it? I may get more.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Not at 5.6, can do better elsewhere IMO.

5.6% is not too bad, but we could of course double up with LNCO.

It pays Monthly as well...

Picked up 200 more shares LNCO at 27.14 for my regular acct. today...
smile.gif

Whatcha guys buying??

Waiting to figure when to take my profit on VE (probably yesterday)...

Haven't been paying a lot of attention, so might lay low awhile to see what's going on.

Emerging markets going to hit a bottom???

I think they did! I missed buying EEM at 37 & change, now it's 40.
frown.gif

Your thoughts?

Originally Posted By: Turk

I think they did! I missed buying EEM at 37 & change, now it's 40.
frown.gif

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that I noticed I had a loss on an emerging markets fund that I had sitting in one account. Perhaps there is still upside. I used to have an emerging markets debt etn or some similar thing - but don't reca what it was exactly. Yielded well at least then.

There is a huge debate on MW about how a military intervention in Syria will move he market and I was curios what's your input on this guys?

We're getting a weekly buy signal and a follow through day today; IBD will probably go to market in uptrend as of today. I don't think Syria will matter that much to the overall trend. The question is, is there enough gas in the tank to get a new high in the Dow and SP500. I doubt it...

I absolutely cannot believe this market & how it keeps going up & up.

Benefitting a little, but NOT like I should be!!
frown.gif

Umpqua popped today.

Yeah, I keep buying paying stuff, so yes I miss out on all the max gainers. But I'm being paid all the time.....and don't get so beat up on the divers.

IBD will go +.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Yeah, I keep buying paying stuff, so yes I miss out on all the max gainers. But I'm being paid all the time.....and don't get so beat up on the divers.

Same here, just a couple of them took a digger, but still has nice dividends, so no big deal.

How about COP. It keeps going up nicely & pays good. Too bad I have only 11k of it.

I keep re-investing the divy's for growth, so later it'll make up for my salary & I can retire when I want! Will be 53 soon, my wife works at a big medical company with great bene's, so I can retire from the fast-paced electronics engineering development world anytime now. Just tick-me-off & I'll leave.
grin.gif

What software are you guys using currently? I just bought a month gold subscription for Worden TC2000 and I LOVE IT. It's incredibly easy to make custom indicators and it's the best I've used for technical analysis. Plus, you can put all your indicators, trendlines, moving averages, chart types etc. on a screen and search every ticker symbol using everything you have on your screen at anytime.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
What software are you guys using currently

None right now but have used Vector Vest and TC-2000.

Just the investment house stuff.

When I retire, I'll be using something cool during the day, me thinks.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back