Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya, a third option I almost forgot to mention as I'm getting things ready to leave again tomorrow.

If we turn up and overall hold into early next week, that might be another big sell.

Originally Posted By: msparks
Just wonderful.

Lost 98% today on MCQRF. How about that one?

I feel sick.
frown.gif

Quote:

11:56 am

Macquarie Infrastructure Group (Australia: MIG, OTC: MCQRF) has been generating a lot of questions today because if you purchased your shares via the OTC market, most services are reporting a price of 4 cents. Shares in the Australian market are gaining ground today, up not quite 0.3 percent from yesterday’s close of US$2.40, and there has been no substantial news, so there’s nothing to explain its precipitous drop in price.

Given the fact that there hasn’t been any unusual volume or activity, this must be a reporting error, which is prone to happen when trading over-the-counter.

Continue buying Macquarie Infrastructure Group under 4.

Thanks called the broker today and he didn't have any news either. Like you posted earlier the AUS exchange had it listed.

The broker said something like April 4th there was a trade for $500. Like I know that wasn't right. Hahaha.

Thanks for posting that info, makes me feel a little better.

I toggled everything to cash at the last min. today.

Heading out for a long well earned vacation in Wis.

chow

Amazing day on the ES for those with futures access.
(*&#$()!&$()!&*$#()!*&$()!@$!@#$ IB didn't grant me futures access because I couldn't give them documentation of sufficient LNW or wages.

Anybody know any brokers that won't ask for your life story in order to trade futures?

All the planets lined up for me today. I basically have only Foreign Mutual funds (which take advantage of American Pesso's weakness), currencies and energy stocks. If every day were like today (which they aren't) I'd be typing this message from my Manhattan Towers Suite.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mr. Ben Bernanke.

Shorting Oil ?

A guy on another board reckons that he's done the charts, and oil is about to drop to $65-70, so he's taking a short on it.

What do you guys reckon....financial suicide ?

Got an e-mail question.

You posted everything was toggled to cash. Is that including all March buys?

Answer, Yes

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Shorting Oil ?

A guy on another board reckons that he's done the charts, and oil is about to drop to $65-70, so he's taking a short on it.

I'll bet oil does cycle down to the $60 barrel range IF the world slows......it's possible.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Shorting Oil ?

Its a [censored] shoot on oil. Shorting it is strictly a gamble.

Oh thanks. Shannow..made a killing on your currency yesterday 2.55% Thanks. How does your prospect for keeping rates up look? Are you guys worried more about inflation (Raise rates) or Downturn in the economy (Lower rates)? I'm guessing you guys will drop rates which means I need to get out. Up until yesterday I was down about 1.5% since Oct on your fxa. Might need to take my small profit and run. You never go broke taking a profit.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Shannow said:
I'll bet oil does cycle down to the $60 barrel range IF the world slows......it's possible.

Not a chance in he!!

I'll save this post for Sept. Feel free to rub it in my face, but its not likely.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Shannow said:

Not a chance in he!!

I'll save this post for Sept. Feel free to rub it in my face, but its not likely.

Your words are marked. NOTHING is impossible. Just very highly improbable.

Originally Posted By: Al
Oh thanks. Shannow..made a killing on your currency yesterday 2.55% Thanks. How does your prospect for keeping rates up look? Are you guys worried more about inflation (Raise rates) or Downturn in the economy (Lower rates)? I'm guessing you guys will drop rates which means I need to get out. Up until yesterday I was down about 1.5% since Oct on your fxa. Might need to take my small profit and run. You never go broke taking a profit.

IMO, rates will stay the same for a while.

My shopping trolley and petrol purchases show the official inflation figures to be a crock (although we may need a new TV soon).

Reserve Bank affirmed that after 10 or 11 interest rate hikes in a row, this month they didn't increase, as they have slowed the economy somewhat.

Banks are increasing rates independently of the reserve at present also.

But in 2 months time, there will be tax cuts for middle income earners ($30-$60k) of a grand per year...I don't think that will help inflation one iota.

Originally Posted By: cmhj

If we turn up and overall hold into early next week, that might be another big sell.

The road map is a bit clearer now. This is our favored scenario with early May our second pick.

Kind of a 6 of one and 6 of the other.

chow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back