*Investors Blog*

I own a Tesla. But I don't own Tesla stock.

I think Tesla makes a good product. They have a technical lead on the opposition and they are arguably staying ahead. They have a well managed (superior even) Supercharger network. They are a more or less great company.

Their CEO (with his jumping here and there) is a concern but he has good ideas and he hires good people.

Overall, Tesla stock is worth a premium price. Tell me when the PE ratio is about 25. Then I'll buy Tesla stock.
LOL
I own Apple stock, but will never own an Apple product.

Time for me to shake things up!
In my Roth:
Sold my TMUS and WFC today. Still holding WMT. I going to buckle down and learn all I can about day trading and give it a shot.
Ironically it seems TD Ameritrade has a good free software charting program that I just downloaded today, I can only assume Schwab will offer me the same as they covert my account next month.

In my 401k:
I’m going to at some point which some chimed in on previous page, roll it into an IRA not sure of the procedure but the previous page was a help. I guess TD or Schwab will handle it all with my past employer.

I don’t day trade….. but I like to occasionally take advantage of the market momentum whether it’s up or down, I had some VERY NICE days last year.

My only advice is to stay away from the edge of slippery slope and don’t get greedy. These fake, phony and manipulated markets can change very rapidly especially if the Plunge Protection Team is buying. Make some quick gains and get out.

Majority of the mamma boys on Robinhood lost all their money day trading and went back to playing Xbox or watching silly videos on TikTok.

Last edited:
In my 401k:
I’m going to at some point which some chimed in on previous page, roll it into an IRA not sure of the procedure but the previous page was a help. I guess TD or Schwab will handle it all with my past employer.

You want the "rollover a retirement account" option. They are going to want you to open an account, then get a check from the current institution made out to TD; FBO you and your account number. As the instructions say, give them a call.

Time for me to shake things up!
In my Roth:
Sold my TMUS and WFC today. Still holding WMT. I going to buckle down and learn all I can about day trading and give it a shot.
Just like the others said . Daytrading is not a good idea . I suggest you try something like Vector Vest . They have a 30 day trial for 99 cents to there software . It's a stock screener that gives you Buy and Sell signals on thousands of stocks . Order the End Of Day software .

You want the "rollover a retirement account" option. They are going to want you to open an account, then get a check from the current institution made out to TD; FBO you and your account number. As the instructions say, give them a call.

When I did my rollover I signed something that allowed American Century to handle the money transfer themselves. I never saw a check or anything.

If you take a check and then mail it to the company of your choice it’s a huge risk because everything has to be done within a specified time frame. If that doesn’t happen you end up with huge penalties.

Murphy’s Law.

Same thing with Fidelity
Ahh... yes!
Your comments and @PimTac, with the link provided by 99saturn...

I just found this at TD Ameritrade with little to no effort. "

Account Transfer from Another Firm​

Get started online and we'll move your assets from your previous investment firm to TD Ameritrade."
(well that seems simple enough)

Cool, I HAVE SOOOO MANY THINGS GOING ON RIGHT NOW, between having a house built and being stuck living in an apartment while its finished cause the old house sold so fast, trying to go through and throw out even more stuff before the new house, getting 2 decades of photos off old computers so I can throw them out, including getting some crypto off one of them, been so long, IM going to have to re-educate myself because its on my hard drive (XRP) and needs to be converted to cash or a broker, Coinbase doesn't accept XRP, getting set up for some light trading with money I can lose no problem, all orders will have "stop loss" on them. But I am doing this proactively learning systems and will be small amounts of money.

When I did my rollover I signed something that allowed American Century to handle the money transfer themselves. I never saw a check or anything.
If you take a check and then mail it to the company of your choice it’s a huge risk because everything has to be done within a specified time frame. If that doesn’t happen you end up with huge penalties.

Murphy’s Law.

Yeah I've done both with TD when reviewing my records from various rollovers. IIRC it may have been my 401K holder that would only give the check to me, but it’s been so long now, hard to remember. The point of the check being TD FBO xyz individual is to be treated as a trustee-to trustee transfer, so one doesn’t have to stress about the 60 day rule, even if the check is mailed to the individual. Obviously even easier if the two institutions just do the transfer and nothing comes to the individual.

Last edited:
More problems for Elon.

Musk, and other current and former Tesla board members, are set to face a jury in a shareholder class action that claims the CEO manipulated Tesla’s stock in 2018 when he tweeted that he was considering taking his electric vehicle company private at $420 per share, and had “funding secured” to do so. “

More problems for Elon.

Musk, and other current and former Tesla board members, are set to face a jury in a shareholder class action that claims the CEO manipulated Tesla’s stock in 2018 when he tweeted that he was considering taking his electric vehicle company private at $420 per share, and had “funding secured” to do so. “
I forgot about that one, I have been thinking for weeks now that I am waiting for the next class action lawsuit to take place do to the stock performance of the last year. Losing 2/3's of its value and all the media attention normally draws in the huge law firms... thinking to myself it may take months for them to prepare, maybe still a way off. Im expecting a big suit in addition to the one above... but honestly I dont know much about the company workings over the years. Doesnt interest me other then like watching a TV show... got to admit, it is entertaining!

Not knowing much other than what I read. I am sure Tesla will lose the 2018 stock manipulation, jurors are not going to look at that favorably.

I was waiting for WFC thinking they were done with the billions and billions of fines and lawsuits but new ones pop up everyday, so I dumped it yesterday, so many better companies. Though I still have it in my 401k. Quite a bit of it, good news is I am up on that one buying it every week all the way down to around 23 and back up again. I'll be getting out of that too and out of that 401.

Last edited:
How about about list of Financial News Sites?
Does anyone have any favorites, suggestions for the latest up to date market/company news that they use before the market opens?
Websites/forums dealing exclusively with the stock market?
Trading Platforms and Software/tools?

I like what I'm seeing on the" Nasdaq Bottom Finder" Indicator and it's currently at 32

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 12-02-09 Public ChartLists StockCharts.com.jpg

Back