*Investors Blog*

More bad news for toxic crypto trash. 🎭

My CPA does my taxes and ensures every penny I owe to Uncle Sam gets reported……. not 1 penny flys under the radar.

Last edited:
Economics teaches us disrupters will emerge, offering viable alternatives.
Used to work like that. However now if a disruptor emerges there acquired by the big company, or possibly a VC and consolidated with other things then spun off. Hard for even good ideas to fight unlimited money and floors of lobbyists.

Haven't been many disruptors since ZIRP. Maybe now that the cost of capital is much higher it will go back to the way it should be.

Used to work like that. However now if a disruptor emerges there acquired by the big company, or possibly a VC and consolidated with other things then spun off. Hard for even good ideas to fight unlimited money and floors of lobbyists.

Haven't been many disruptors since ZIRP.
Maybe now that the cost of capital is much higher it will go back to the way it should be.
Tesla?

Tesla is 19 years old, and was funded by profits made long before that. Trying to think of examples in the last 10 years? Maybe there are some, but not like there used to be in the 80's and 90's. Too much capital floating around, they get gobbled up and ruined early.

Been through the 1970s, 1980s , 1990s 2000, 2008 recessions and this one that is starting. Most will never learn that you prepare during prosperous times for when the times aren't prosperous.

Been through the 1970s, 1980s , 1990s 2000, 2008 recessions and this one that is starting. Most will never learn that you prepare during prosperous times for when the times aren't prosperous.
My grandparents were immagrants from Ireland and Ukraine. I was taught to save.
Years of alcoholic homelessness taught me I NEVER wanna be that person again. I amy not know much, but this much I am sure of.

My goal became minimizing recurring costs around housing, long term. I am surprised (horrified) at anyone who operates differently.

At his press conference on Wednesday, it seemed like Powell really wanted to say...

"Get this through your thick skulls... I'm nowhere near pausing or pivoting or whatever you idiots think. We're gonna jack rates up until we break something. Gabish?!"

Nobody at the Fed will ever say, "We'll do this until we break something."

I was born in 1978 and so experienced many of those recessions - I have to say there were little to no differences noted in my life vs non-recession times. I'm a big proponent of an adequate emergency fund with sufficient liquidity and minimizing debt but what exactly does, "Most will never learn...", mean?

I was born in 1978 and so experienced many of those recessions - I have to say there were little to no differences noted in my life vs non-recession times. I'm a big proponent of an adequate emergency fund with sufficient liquidity and minimizing debt but what exactly does, "Most will never learn...", mean?

Some do not understand how to adapt. They continue their usual spending ways and suddenly realize their money won’t make it.

Back