*Investors Blog*

I agree but not my question.

Trying to figure out - for those that think they might - what version of cash is safer than a T-bill? Doesn't seem to be any different, a 20 in my wallet or a T-bill at treasury direct.
When you look at money in a bigger scale, debt is money and money is debt, so if they default T-Bill USD will also be trash, I am also not sure if those "gold" fund you invest in will still be safe if USD crash by 90% and US Gov needs gold to held off the drop in USD vs gold or other foreign currency. If you have physical gold in your house then you may be safe, but otherwise nothing is off the table like back in the Nixon Shock days.

As long as other countries still use USD to trade oil and goods, and our allies are stronger than our competitors (Yuan is still mostly USD backed, Yen is absolutely USD backed, Euro is our allies, same as Australian dollar), we will see inflation but won't see default related massive collapse.

When you look at money in a bigger scale, debt is money and money is debt, so if they default T-Bill USD will also be trash, I am also not sure if those "gold" fund you invest in will still be safe if USD crash by 90% and US Gov needs gold to held off the drop in USD vs gold or other foreign currency. If you have physical gold in your house then you may be safe, but otherwise nothing is off the table like back in the Nixon Shock days.

As long as other countries still use USD to trade oil and goods, and our allies are stronger than our competitors (Yuan is still mostly USD backed, Yen is absolutely USD backed, Euro is our allies, same as Australian dollar), we will see inflation but won't see default related massive collapse.
Normally Gold goes up when the dollar falls . The opposite is happening now .

It's not different this time. Government will not default.
If your one to think it may, that would be the end of USA superpower and most likely take down the rest of the world with it, so only precious metal would be worth anything.
No question in my mind what-so-over it would never happen, nothing is different this time and my feeling is we are a 100 times more greater chance of world destruction via nuclear war. Yet I dont even concern myself with that. I live my life and enjoy, I pay public servants to take care of that stuff.
Whatever will be will be. This is all the fault of the voting public, I have no control over that, except my one little vote.
I agree! If we look at 2017 through 2020 that was the largest deficit spending in modern history and thankfully it's been heading in the right direction since 2021.

Image 5-18-23 at 6.37 PM.jpeg

I’d also like to point out if you ignore the pandemic noise, which you’d have to be fool looking at the slope of that line to believe that was real and sustainable, we are right where we should be from 2019 until now - still slightly exponential too! Vote wisely!

IMG_4835.jpeg

Your words don't match the graphic. Come on man.
You may not like what you see...but it sure does...just insert "increase in deficit spending", which is what I meant to say but it doesn't change the sentiment of the post.

Stop being political to support your guy and LOOK

"2017 through 2020 that was the largest deficit spending in modern history"

No, 2020 and 2021 Congress had the whoppers. 2010, 11, 12 are larger than 2017, 18, 19
Political? I posted a picture of deficit spending over the past 20 years and the past 10 years of the S&P 500 and asked you to visualize the period of time with the largest increase in federal deficit spending and the slope of the line. That's political? No, that's just data, it's YOUR interpretation of it that is political and that's not my problem.

Stop being political to support your guy and LOOK

"2017 through 2020 that was the largest deficit spending in modern history"

No, 2020 and 2021 Congress had the whoppers. 2010, 11, 12 are larger than 2017, 18, 19
Yes, LOOK, or better yet, ADD! Also, pick and choose years much? You're leaving out 2020 why? Deficit spending between 2010 and 2012 was $3.68T and deficit spending between 2017 and 2020 was $5.56T. Even if you expand it to 2009-2012, which only helps your argument, the combined deficit was only $5.1 during that time period.

I'm no mathematician but $5.56T > $5.1T.

You made the statement not me and then added Vote wisely
And? Ask two people what vote wisely means to them and you'll get two polar opposite opinions. That's not political - that's just good sound advice.

Back