*Investors Blog*

Well, as of Monday @ 9:55AM I still own Schwab. It's hasn't been 5 full trading days since I bought it... and ... getting greedy right now.
I was upset when I didnt sell it last week at this price but letting it ride to see where it goes. 16 billion in new assets last week and another 4 billion to its parent company.
So, Im dealing with an unrealized gain of 13.75% right now in just over four full trading days. If I dont sell it I might be posting and crying later or happy but not so sure about the happy yet.
The media sensation (which will wear off I think) is Schwab is a "safe haven" that firms are moving money into right now.

Edit = I sold Schwab @ 59.225 today @ approx 10:05AM for just over a 13% realized gain in less then 5 trading days. I didnt want to get too greedy and literally just had movers here moving out our furniture to prepare for our new home tomorrow. Didnt want to play around too long and dont have the time, though who knows if time one day and it goes back down maybe Ill buy it again.

Last edited:
Are we getting another 1/4 point or none ?

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 12-56-13 Public ChartLists StockCharts.com.jpg

Rates are getting back to historical norms now, call me crazy but we need more unemployment, maybe we will get there with a softer landing.
I can certainly see the reason for more .25 rate increases.
Wages and employment too high … gotta pay the price for the Covid bailouts and handouts.

Do you guys look at the ex dividend date before buying a stock ?
Yes always.

In tax advantaged accounts I don't mind buying the dividend. It depends, not going to pay a premium though. And other times I want the lowest basis.

In taxable accounts it depends as well on several factors. Muni CEFs, for example buying the dividend can keep the basis up, and reap the tax free income. Others it depends on your tax bracket and income for the year.

Also depends on the overall reason for owning the stock or fund. In the super long run, does not matter so much.

Back