*Investors Blog*

Markets go too high , markets go too low . The market is far from way too low yet .
When this emergency is past then China is going to invade Taiwan . This turbulence is here for a while , long while . And election is 3 years out. Uggggg
Father in law was on the Taiwan side serving anti-air, told me horror stories of finding soldiers corpses with an ear cut off on the beach. My dad's aunt house got burnt down in an air-raid near China's airfield across from Taiwan, my 2 uncles were in the PLA and the family practically grew up in the barrack.

The real "cold" war on both sides practically stopped in the 80s, and the real war these days are in the financial and social media front. There will be no invasion and all the bankers and stake holders in the world would stop that before any idiot would start one (the world economy lies in Taiwan's stability). I'm pretty confident on that.

If anything this "emergency" basically put the shouting match between both sides to rest and both sides are not fanning the hate posts like before. They know they don't want to mess around when there is a real war going on in Europe.

I think Cash 4 Gold places and pawn shops will soon be busy with folks selling their gold jewelry.
Have cash on the sidelines ready for the upcoming fireworks.

I made a little bit of money today with markets down this Monday….

Anybody buying gold or silver ETFs ?

Last edited:
I think Cash 4 Gold places and pawn shops will soon be busy with folks selling their gold jewelry.

I'm thinking about gold, but silver has not been a reserve "currency" since the 1900s. Just jewelry and industrial metal like platinum now.

Not sure if it's too late to get into nickel stocks, not even sure which ones to buy, but it could be an opportunity.

Nickle.JPG

I've been holding a small position in gold and silver ETFs. If you decide to go that way, I'd recommend ones that hold the actual metals (or miner's stocks), rather than ones than merely seek to emulate the price of the metal like SLV.

There has been a lot of price manipulation of gold and silver. Plus there is a lot of money that would normally go into metals that has been siphoned off into crypto. It may be a good investment, but I wouldn't bet the farm.

Your timing (with a little luck :)) was pretty spot on a while back by getting into cash.

Im in pretty stable conservative stocks and funds and not doing by any means as bad as the market BUT would have been fun to take the profits and buy them back at the lower prices. But then I have to remind myself Im not invested to jump in and out. It wouldnt have been a bad idea to jump out right before the invasion though. I gave back a lot of profit (for now) in WFC.

The others not bad at all, actually pretty darn good but then again they haven't participated in the last run up WMT and TMUS

Not sure if it's too late to get into nickel stocks, not even sure which ones to buy, but it could be an opportunity.

View attachment 91987
Dont chase stuff like that....you'll get burned

Dont chase stuff like that....you'll get burned
It's too late now, but was probably pretty obvious for those in the commodities market considering nickel is a major export of Russia. Could have made a nice profit if you bought at the beginning of the war.

I came out of my respite today and scored on a few garbage stocks.
No study no nothing but working the swing... Got out of one in a few hours with a very nice profit.
Sometimes you get lucky.

Well I guess the stock market is true to form, fear of rising interest rates and the market goes down. Now they say interest rates will actually go up and the market goes up.

Well I guess the stock market is true to form, fear of rising interest rates and the market goes down. Now they say interest rates will actually go up and the market goes up.
Yea it looks like a matter of "sell on the news" Was today just a bear market rally ?

(Reuters) -Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell on Monday delivered his most muscular message to date on his battle with too-high inflation, saying the central bank must move "expeditiously" to raise rates and possibly "more aggressively" to keep an upward price spiral from getting entrenched.

In remarks that sent financial markets scrambling to recalibrate for a higher probability of the Fed lifting interest rates by a half-percentage point at one or more of its remaining meetings this year, Powell signaled an urgency to the central bank's inflation challenge that was less visible than just a week ago, when the Fed delivered its first rate hike in three years.

"The labor market is very strong, and inflation is much too high," Powell told a National Association for Business Economics conference. "There is an obvious need to move expeditiously to return the stance of monetary policy to a more neutral level, and then to move to more restrictive levels if that is what is required to restore price stability."

In particular, he added, "if we conclude that it is appropriate to move more aggressively by raising the federal funds rate by more than 25 basis points at a meeting or meetings, we will do so."

I think we need five consecutive 50 basis point rate increases.

The narcan simply has to be turned off….

Last edited:
Current inflation will not be tamed with rate increases alone. It's supply driven primarily. Sure, .gov spending has an impact as well.

In fact, in some cases rate increases may cause harm. Fed needs to go easy on that juice.

Knock yourself out

I have had major gains, especially today on FANG, Devon, PSX, XOP, and XLE, selling out of the money "Calls Options" on some stocks as a bonus, XOP can yield 15/20+% in 2/3 months if you were fortunate enough to buy it a few weeks ago at $105.00ish to $115.00. June 22 Calls I sold a few weeks ago for $11.00 X 500. I have 1500 shares averaged at $106.00, only 500/5 contracts sold as out of the money calls. I have already sold them, bought them back when Oil pulled back to $95.00, and resold them again for $8.60 X 500/5, 140 strike.

"Would I buy Oil related stocks right now if I owned none? I might nibble, but I would use Options. #1, Devon. #2 Diamond Back "FANG", #3 "XOP"

Anyone that wants to buy the market, any sector in current conditions better have an IRON stomach! Oil could change in a flash due to recent turmoil in the Eastern bloc countries, or it could go to "Who Knows" $130/$150.00, maybe higher! But the longer term for Oil is up unless we have a Worldwide economic slowdown, which is a possibility.

Right now, Palladium and uranium, especially uranium are poised to make gains since the countries that produce uranium aside from Canada are undesirable to invest in. The U.S. will be depending on Canadian, "Cameco", this Saskatoon-based company is the second-largest uranium producer in the world. The Options market is telegraphing upside every day.

We used to buy alot of Uranium from a country that the world is boycotting. We will be buying most of our Uranium from the second largest miner, Cameco, a Canadian corporation.

Current inflation will not be tamed with rate increases alone. It's supply driven primarily. Sure, .gov spending has an impact as well.

In fact, in some cases rate increases may cause harm. Fed needs to go easy on that juice.

We are getting a .50 basis point fed funds rate hike next month, JP said that today! We will see how that turns out!

The fed has now completely stopped the taper.

Back