*Investors Blog*

There have been some analyses that say the recent rather extreme and continued expansions into advanced chips the Chinese never made before
has only hurt and permanently hobbled US technology companies , thus the Mr.T Era tarriffs followed by the current technology sanctions to block Russia have only motivated the Chinese to make their own chips

My view is it was a forgone conclusion and our tarriffs and sanctions likely did nothing besides slightly delay
I entered automated manufacturing out of College 25+ years ago. I have spent my whole adult life being told the Chinese were going to take over the industry. You know what they can make? Only stuff that come Western CEO sold out to and handed over the designs, made on machines they bought from the Germans or Japanese.

The last country I fear is China. There demographics are terrible on top of it, and even there supposed friends don't like them. I believe there the boogeyman TPTB warn us about to keep us peasants in line.

Now if you told me the Indians or Indonesians or someone like that was going to leapfrog, I might believe it.

1715281037379.jpg

So you think yield will continue to fall (prices up)? The Yen is back into its plummet mode?
Naw, gonna be in a channel until September, unless something really unexpected and then special meeting prior.

I just don't think rates will be going up much, to the point of what I have been posting. I feel comfortable buying some bond funds on henny penny days, then smiling today kinda dealio and just letting the monthly income build without being so afraid of the market tanking.

Also I started loaning securities through Fidelity. That's a pretty sweet deal.

Naw, gonna be in a channel until September, unless something really unexpected and then special meeting prior.

I just don't think rates will be going up much, to the point of what I have been posting. I feel comfortable buying some bond funds on henny penny days, then smiling today kinda dealio and just letting the monthly income build without being so afraid of the market tanking.

When you loan them you retain the coupon - correct?

Is there a way ahead of time to find out which ones are in demand? I assume there mostly corporates - lower end of the investment grade rating?

I got $35 interest from one position. IN A SINGLE DAY. Now people can't go forever in short positions, but.........with zero effort on my part.
Another got me $5 yesterday.

The monthly sum pays out between 2nd-4th of the next month according to the terms.

For those of you going "Huh?" Basically Fido with my/your permission loans the stock/fund (or portion) to people/AI who are taking short positions in the security, they must "sell" the position, - with the basic hope they can buy it back at a lower $.

It's fully collateralized at market price, you still get the dividend, only forgo the voting rights. You can call the loan any time you wish. Sell the stock if you want.

More bad news for Tesla.

Tesla employees want and need for money….. ✊

You know, I get your post, really. But for investors they may like the fact that Musk pushes the limit with what he can get away with in discouraging unions, as I think he did in CA a few years back.
I see Buffalo as another example, as just about all of them were "punished" by the entire operation having I THINK an outsized amount of layoffs and was like a warning shot for others and he may get away with it.

BTW- I am not condoning his actions in anyway, just analyzing and I think he is playing a chess game with the NLRB
I think most all agree, Tesla public relations are in the toilet as I see it but Im not so sure the majority cares about anything anymore, if he emerges with a really affordable car, people will buy them no matter what he does. If and only if they want an EV

You know, I get your post, really. But for investors they may like the fact that Musk pushes the limit with what he can get away with in discouraging unions, as I think he did in CA a few years back.
I see Buffalo as another example, as just about all of them were "punished" by the entire operation having I THINK an outsized amount of layoffs and was like a warning shot for others and he may get away with it.

BTW- I am not condoning his actions in anyway, just analyzing and I think he is playing a chess game with the NLRB
I think most all agree, Tesla public relations are in the toilet as I see it but Im not so sure the majority cares about anything anymore, if he emerges with a really affordable car, people will buy them no matter what he does. If and only if they want an EV
That might be about Tesla the business, etc. We don't talk about any of that for other companies. We maybe talk macro, or price action, or technicals, but not that stuff.

Besides it will ultimately lead to discussions that will get this thread closed down as well, which I don't think any of us want. There are at least two other threads about Tesla the company on this board already - should be plenty.

Before 1984, Social Security benefits were exempt from federal income taxes. In 1983, Congress passed a set of amendments that authorized the taxation of Social Security benefits. The amendments took effect in 1984. The new revenue was necessary to partially offset the corporate and upper bracket income tax reductions.
I literally looked at mine today, for the first time in my life. I had to get a letter with an activation code for the login.gov thing. The letter has been sitting for a few weeks so I said let's check it out. If 67 my benefit is nearly the max as I understand it. Nowhere near enough to live on but I won't lie, it's something. Is it going to be around 10 years from now?

For some reason I thought they used to send statements (in the 90's?). But it can now be generated online. That, plus pensions, plus mainly 401k is my future. Looking for steak on sale and probably eating gruel and living out of a sweet High Country Tahoe! With a fully functional air suspension!

I got $35 interest from one position. IN A SINGLE DAY. Now people can't go forever in short positions, but.........with zero effort on my part.
Another got me $5 yesterday.

The monthly sum pays out between 2nd-4th of the next month according to the terms.

For those of you going "Huh?" Basically Fido with my/your permission loans the stock/fund (or portion) to people/AI who are taking short positions in the security, they must "sell" the position, - with the basic hope they can buy it back at a lower $.

It's fully collateralized at market price, you still get the dividend, only forgo the voting rights. You can call the loan any time you wish. Sell the stock if you want.
$75 in two days. Easy work.

I was checking on vanguard and from what I could gather they require 5 mil in holdings with them. But it said others likely require less and the article was from 9 mos ago. Heck I’m down for $5-$35/day 👍

I was checking on vanguard and from what I could gather they require 5 mil in holdings with them. But it said others likely require less and the article was from 9 mos ago. Heck I’m down for $5-$35/day 👍
:oops: I think its only $25k minimum in the brokerage account to enroll at Fidelity.

Back