*Investors Blog*

... #2. Likelihood of Tesla Superchargers becoming the standard now that Ford has embraced them....
With what Jeff posted in another thread about GM now coming on line with Superchargers, I think this is an instance of a blind pig finding an acorn. Honest, I knew nothing about GM coming online with Tesla's charging network before posting.
Now if we were to talk about automatic driving, I'd have to take a position opposite of Tesla's. There are too many underemployed lawyers in the U.S. looking for an excuse to sue deep pockets for it to ever become widespread. I hope I turn out wrong on this one.

*** Breaking News ***

S & P 500 exits bear market
Research from Bank of America indicates the S&P 500 rises 92% of the time in the 12 months following the start of a bull market, compared to the historical 75% average over any 12 month period dating back to the 1950s.

Should I be worried ?

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 14-43-39 Dividend.com.jpg

What the heck TSLA? Up another $6 today? 130% YTD? The shorts are down like $8B over the last 12 days...
Thanks GM and Ford for adding billions in revenue to Tesla's bottom line!
Gotta hand it to the big guys... With Tesla's help, they may even make a profit on their EV ventures in a few years.
Or maybe it's that butt-ugly Cybertruk?

He's wack.

Last edited:
Trying to decide if I want to unload some company stock. Much easier to buy and hold (or hold in this case). But I "need" another car this summer. But do I wait for car prices to drop first?

4 years into my Roth and I'm at -$80, lol. I wonder if I should swap FBGRX for something else. Then again, buy and hold was my plan from the get-go. Guessing it'll pop up before long, has been on the swing I think.

4 years into my Roth and I'm at -$80, lol. I wonder if I should swap FBGRX for something else. Then again, buy and hold was my plan from the get-go. Guessing it'll pop up before long, has been on the swing I think.
Hard to beat a good index fund IMHO but watch the expense ratio you are getting hit with. My $.02.

Trying to decide if I want to unload some company stock. Much easier to buy and hold (or hold in this case). But I "need" another car this summer. But do I wait for car prices to drop first?

How is your company stock performing ?

1, 5, 10 year performance ?

Too much company stock can be very bad…. like Enron.

Last edited:
How is your company stock performing ?

1, 5, 10 year performance ?

Too much company stock can be very bad…. like Enron.
It only went public like 2 years ago—so its hard to say. Up 40% over the last year? so I kinda want to cash out some of it while the going is good. Plus the fact that I have a fair amount of it, was 7% of my portfolio.

Sometimes I wonder why I just dont buy the SPY and SPYD and forget about individual stocks .
If you count all our holdings - retirement, etc - S&P index funds are by far our largest holding - well over 50% i am sure - I guess I should calculate it someday.

However I read an article from an author I like a while back that said well over 50% of retirement accounts are in S&P index funds - so by definition its not diversified at all. People think there diversified but in reality your index will crash when the market does the same.

Not saying its a bad strategy - simply saying its a different way to think about it.

Back