Investing Strategies. What is your move?

Greed depends on which side of the deal you are on. Oh yeah, and welcome to Capitalism. Winners and losers. Capitalism has been very good to me because it fosters opportunity and innovation. And no place does that better than Silicon Valley.
Some may call it greed; that's their call.
I consider it "takers and leavers" not winners and losers.
You got a great product, yes, as the manufacturer you are a winner as society looks at you. But the free part of the market is others may pass on the cost of your product or just because they like something else.], that doesnt make them a loser, in some eyes they could be a winner by taking a pass.
I think we are talking the same thing. It depends how one "reads" your post. "losers" can be taken as a hard word for someone who doesnt want a product or considers the product not worth the money.

One thing we agree on and I know at times we dont agree on much :ROFLMAO: is capitalism rules. It's what made this country great in which the world has followed. Innovation is best in a capitalist country.

That wasn't part of the comment. But what if one or two were going with $20K ADM instead of everyone else going with $15K? The point was, if a business is heavy into greed to be a "winner", they will most likely have to change their ways or end up becoming a "loser". Smart buyers can detect the greed factor, and normally through the nature of economics the greedy ones either adjust their greed or end up failing.
You asked me what would happen to a dealer that had a $10K markup. I answered your question based on the information you gave.

Regarding your "$20K vs $15K" question, of course the cheaper price should tend to sell more, everything else being equal.

Prices are set by the market, and markets tend to be local. You are correct about businesses changing their strategies. Economics teaches us that product price will tend to rise until consumption falls to an unacceptable level.

Guys, this thread is about investing, not about greed, human emotion, or the price people are willing to pay for new cars.

Gross off topic discussion like this is what got the last thread closed.

Please stay on investing, and take the off topic discussion elsewhere.

This thread is locked while I have a chance to remove the OT posts.

Please don't cause a future lock from the off topic bickering.

Thread is unlocked. A couple members will not be allowed to participate in order to keep this from going off the rails again.

I used a little "fun money" from my house sale to pick up some AMC stock. I truly believe I got in early and got lucky: the stock is up 35% in the past month, and their upcoming Q3 earnings report should come in incredibly strong based on the performance of The Barbie Movie and Oppenheimer.

You can sometimes make money on junk stocks and almost bankrupt companies.

I guess it’s safe to say that dollar bills are still green though that changes over time.

The markets are still trending down as long as spending remains out of control.

Being condescending could be an art form. 👋

You can sometimes make money on junk stocks and almost bankrupt companies.
Funny, I dont consider it a junk company but regret buying GM last week. Figured it cant go much lower at 4.5 P/E. Did it willy nilly and did not realize earnings come out this week. Thought it was chancy enough buying a company on strike but there was positive talk from GM on the latest offer. Geez, 80K a year, no cost health benefits etc. But UAW shot it down, that was still fine until I found out earnings come out this week, that was so so not so ok until I just read that late auto loan payments in the sub-prime sector are at an all time high since, forgot I think since 2009 ish.

I may sell today and get out without a loss, Im strong on my convictions regarding GM for the 10 to 20% range but not so much with two additional negatives I found out after buying it. It will always be around. Maybe buy it back at $20 someday, who knows.

Open to suggestions for stocks. This is my "trading Roth" in and out is fine for a 10% gain.

GM is in trouble if strike doesn’t end soon.
$80K is needed to support a family with all the inflation.

Folks - I locked this thread, and kicked a couple of people off of it, just two days ago, because they couldn’t stop arguing about car dealer markup, a contentious, off topic discussion.

This thread is about investing decisions, and insofar as union negotiation affects share price, the discussion is OK, but if we go off into relative merits of union vs. non-union, an intrinsically political and off topic discussion, I will be forced to lock the thread again.

I heard the recommendations is to SPEND NOW to prevent inflation from munching up your portfolio.
If you expect car/house prices to increase spend now, some say buy more crypto. You think we will see 5 buck a gallon gas by summer? Then bulk on site gas storage might be something to invest in, now, if you got the liquidity.

The recent market downturn was not enough, should have lost another 5k points for a good correction. Still too much "funny money" in the system. I expect housing/ maybe vehicles prices to crash and high inflation soon. Housing needs to crash, so does vehicle prices, but the lots are bare due to chip shortage, "the market" cannot afford 100k+ housing and 50k trucks, may be a wave of defaults.

Inflation will continue to go up, and increased intrest rates from the feds that will not trickle down to savings accounts(inflation will be ahead of the fed rate anyways)

Propane/natural gas prices generally are low in May, June, July, but this year I do not see a drop happening unless major sources come online, salt dome gas reservoirs are low all over, esp Midwest. Excess gas line capacity was converted over to petro products.

Wages never keep up with inflation,, 100 BILLION profit from Pfhizer is not going to help the economy, unless they actually paid out for medical malpractice to victims, just my thoughts.
“Spend now” I followed this and finally run out of money:)
And now seriously in war times the speculation is normal (the free market is a nonsense) and we have to adapt somehow.
But the real problem is that ppl are dying in these countries I hope with the last sentence I’m not breaking forum rules…just a human point of view…

Astro14,

Sorry if we sometimes get off subject.
Thanks Dave, i's not just about getting off topic, it's about bringing up topics that lead to bickering, or start down the path of religion/sex/politics.

This is the investor thread, and some of you are quite active. I want to keep the thread open, for you guys, but we have to stay within the forum guidelines.

Mortgage rates are now averaging 8%.

Some real estate agents are leaving the industry cause high rates and ultra low inventory. Can’t make a living without any commission coming in and having to maintain license / software / office, etc…

The other day someone working for a real estate office knocked on my front door and asked if I was interested in selling my home. They were knocking on doors of all the houses in my neighborhood.

Some real estate agents are leaving the industry cause high rates and ultra low inventory. Can’t make a living without any commission coming in and having to maintain license / software / office, etc…

The other day someone working for a real estate office knocked on my front door and asked if I was interested in selling my home. They were knocking on doors of all the houses in my neighborhood.
That agent is a real serious agent and survivor and may well be a top earner.
Listing agents if their good enough control the market.
The weak agents always fold.
One cool thing about real estate is houses always need to be sold and always need to be bought.
A tough market is a good agents dream as in a tough market it gets rid of all the fluff of part-time agents and lesser full-time agents

Back