Investing Strategies. What is your move?

The debt ceiling talks are going to push this market one way or the other now. The idea of spending less is scary to many back in DC.
I agree. Also I wouldn't expect a deal until the last minute - as that is the way it always is. Also they seem to be doing there best to rile up the troops. They want everyone fawning over it during the long weekend. Politics is just Hollywood for ugly people. They want their ugly faces on TV over the long weekend.

Very interesting scenario, beer industry is in shock over how strong the Budweiser boycott is weeks later.
What I was not aware is Target is in crisis mode and having executive emergency meetings for the same LGBT reason.
Although target customers will be more tolerant, target has started pushing much of that type of merchandising to more obscure areas of the stores. Including books, geared toward children 2 to 8 years old.
I was not aware that target was promoting children’s clothing for LGBT children specially designed and details of that clothing do not need to be posted here.

But never mind that I suspect the emergency meeting is something I was not aware of even though I hold WMT stock. Target stock has been slammed this past week.

Source = https://stocks.apple.com/AxKUQSy97QHuk-t4msppKqg

Last edited:
Very interesting scenario, beer industry is in shock over how strong the Budweiser boycott is weeks later.
What I was not aware is Target is in crisis mode and having executive emergency meetings for the same LGBT reason.
Although target customers will be more tolerant, target has started pushing much of that type of merchandising two more obscure areas of the stores.
But never mind that I suspect the emergency meeting is something I was not aware of even though I hold WMT stock. Target stock has been slammed this past week.
Companies need to sell products, not agendas. Everyone is equally special. No one is better because of this or that.

Do we need more rate hikes ?
No not really.

Inflation has turned regional.

And my usual thought: Hiking rates too late actually fuels inflation because early on, it's lack of supply that is a start of inflation, now with continued rate hikes - capital for suppliers is burdened to a point, and then stuff breaks, with either further inflation, weird stagflation or hard recession.

Companies need to sell products, not agendas. Everyone is equally special. No one is better because of this or that.
My wife and I could not agree more. I truly truly truly do not care who you are but we are allowing corporations to segregate us into categories. I’m kind of glad to see this backlash with Budweiser and we’ll see how far the target thing goes. Target has reacted Quickly in removing merchandise
When will people realize we are all just people who cares what you are?

There are gobs of Pandemic money still around, it was handed out to states, schools, and buried in other places and bills.

For example you can still apply for a ERC credit - if you kept your employee - $26K per employee - in 2023 - in addition to PPP money you already got. https://trussfinancialgroup.com/erc-refund-help-1?utm_term=ertc program&utm_campaign=ERC&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=2562129534&hsa_cam=19157722054&hsa_grp=143615734225&hsa_ad=643130974713&hsa_src=g&hsa_tgt=kwd-1218019084682&hsa_kw=ertc program&hsa_mt=p&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyLGjBhDKARIsAFRNgW91vnAncA9rm5hVGqiHVPpjCoDXyKOnsqUstzxrqNNRboet8o3xewIaAn9vEALw_wcB

A friend of mine who owns his own business told me he made more off the government in the last couple years than he did off anything else. He started this company 20 years ago.

State of South Carolina handed out the school districts billions of fed money. They "suggested" bonuses and raises for teachers - most South Carolina schools stayed in person through most of the pandemic. My wife was only "from home" the first 2 months in 2020 - back to in person August 2020. Of course our district did not. They used the money to hire all their friends to work at the district office -you know the part of the district that does nothing to educate anyone, just make more rules.

Farce.

More info on the amount:

There were plenty of legit uses too. We were physically shutdown for 2 ½ months and unable to see patients other than emergencies. AR dried up pretty quickly but we did not fire anyone. My payroll is over $100k per month not including me or my partner. Needless to say, PPP and ERTC did not make us whole but without it we would be out of business instead of currently employing 26 and doing well and paying our taxes. My partner and I are good squirrels and we had $350k in cash we were just about to distribute but we did not and we used it to keep the business going - he and I took the personal hit so others could pay their bills.

My wife and I could not agree more. I truly truly truly do not care who you are but we are allowing corporations to segregate us into categories.
And most of it is politically driven. So it all just becomes another thing that divides. If everyone actually "didn't care who you are" and let people be who they want to be, then all this divisional strife wouldn't exists.

I’m kind of glad to see this backlash with Budweiser and we’ll see how far the target thing goes. Target has reacted Quickly in removing merchandise
When will people realize we are all just people who cares what you are?
If you're glad about the Budweiser backlash/boycott, then aren't you then agreeing with people trying to make a deal about people being who they are? Too many people worry about how other people live thier lives instead of focusing on how they live their own lives. Too many people think everyone else should believe in and live like they do. That's not freedom, that's trying to control.

And most of it is politically driven. So it all just becomes another thing that divides. If everyone actually "didn't care who you are" and let people be who they want to be, then all this divisional strife wouldn't exists.

If you're glad about the Budweiser backlash/boycott, then aren't you then agreeing with people trying to make a deal about people being who they are? Too many people worry about how other people live thier lives instead of focusing on how they live their own lives. Too many people think everyone else should believe in and live like they do. That's not freedom, that's trying to control.
To an extent, of course you are correct.

But kids? Shoving it our faces? No. Every movie and every show? It gets old.

No special rights. You want a tuck swimsuit? Just buy one, no need to have it front center when I just want Q-tips. I want people in school to learn about math, science and the arts. Not fabricated studies which words I cannot type here.

Last edited:
Actually it is the idea of paying the bill; the money is spent.

And that is much more difficult now because of insane spending which caused the inflation. That forced the raising of interest rates which in turn increased the cost of paying that bill.

So, a clear message of fiscal responsibility is needed. Spend less. We need to start now. Households and businesses cut budgets all the time.

But kids? Shoving it our faces? No. Every movie and every show? It gets old.
Parents need to do their job better these days ... keep kids off their phones and social media is a big start. Parents don't really know what their kids are seeing, reading and learning on their devices when out of their sight. Yes, some things need to be kept out of schools, but kids don't learn everything in school and learn way more about life when not in school.

Singapore downgrades trade forecasts.

... I want people in school to learn about math, science and the arts. Not fabricated studies which words I cannot type here.
Yes, isnt that a concept? go to school to compete for a good paying job AND keep the USA first and foremost on the world stage?
I dont know, you got me but parents seem ok with alternative snowflake stuff while other countries focus on true education NOT social education to compete in the world.
It is fact that we court tech workers from those countries.

I actually know of some, grew up in third world countries with parents so poor in ways most of us cant imagine, through local sponsorships and hard work with their studies they ended up here in the USA going to some of the most prestigious universities in our country. One recently graduated just last week. Another previously is now a CPA coming from a dirt poor family in a 3rd world country.
It's amazing, the pride and family bond at their successes. They take nothing for granted and they LOVE our country. I find the stories so amazing I just cant put it into words.

Dont get me wrong we have that here too but its being overshadowed and lost in a sea of social agendas that has nothing to do with competing on the world stage.
It's so incredibly gratifying to see young people/child pick themselves up from a dirt poor environment when given the chance that most Americans have no clue what real poverty and lack of education is about and make such a success out their lives and for the lives of their parents. I cant put it into words, it's freaking amazing almost emotional because of the direct knowledge I have of these individuals and self made organization and sacrifice that helps these kids, NO, they give these kids the opportunity..

They dont get caught up in social agendas they appreciate the chance to excel in the world and work hard to educate themselves.

Last edited:
Back