Investing Strategies. What is your move?

Yes partially.

Really I was wondering about lag time, from say close date 4/28 or whatever day until principle and interest are 100% available for trade.
On the front end its 6 days - from auction until you get the bill in your account. The treasury doesn't pull the money from the account your funding it from until that day - the issue date, so they don't take your money until the day the bill starts earning interest. Obviosly its hard to make any money by messing with it for those 6 days so mine simply sits there.

On the back end you get your money back into your account at the end of business on the maturity date - so there is no lag on that end unless your broker causes it, or you transfer it then you add the transfer time.

FRC shares are doing something I haven’t seen before. They had stabilized for a while down 16-17% then suddenly the bottom dropped out. Down 28%, trading was halted yet the price continued to drop. Now down almost 34%.

There is no normal, and we certainly are not going back to pre-pandemic. IMO, "something seems off" refers to human nature; humans have reluctance to change.
And to add, humans are easily upset from changes and often times over react.

A sign of a disconnected market. A big miss on GDP today. Estimate was for 2% but it came in at 1.1%. Normally the markets would drop but,

Hey, look over there, Meta had a big quarter.

🐿️

A sign of a disconnected market. A big miss on GDP today. Estimate was for 2% but it came in at 1.1%. Normally the markets would drop but,

Hey, look over there, Meta had a big quarter.

🐿️

Yep.

Things getting worse but ignore all the problems….. :unsure:

Last edited:
tellya all what I think,right now if you dont know where to put your money the 7 day yield on most brokerage MMA's is about 4.7 to 4.9%..

I started 'playing' in January this year. I decided I can afford to loose £100/month so put that into investments.

I've now put £500 in total in since January which is 623.45usd.

Each month I split my £100 into 5 equal investments and look for large companies that have just had a significant drop in share price and place my bet.

Seems to have worked well so far. My current portfolio is worth 755.61usd. Up around 21% on the money in so far in 5 months.

Going to keep drip feeding money in this year at the current rate and revaluate in the New Year. Right now I wish I put a lot more money in. :ROFLMAO:

I started 'playing' in January this year. I decided I can afford to loose £100/month so put that into investments.

I've now put £500 in total in since January which is 623.45usd.

Each month I split my £100 into 5 equal investments and look for large companies that have just had a significant drop in share price and place my bet.

Seems to have worked well so far. My current portfolio is worth 755.61usd. Up around 21% on the money in so far in 5 months.

Going to keep drip feeding money in this year at the current rate and revaluate in the New Year. Right now I wish I put a lot more money in. :ROFLMAO:
That's a good dollar cost averaging mechanism, do you have any plan on when to sell them eventually?

Slowing GDP is another indicator the Fed will stop tightening, maybe even ease. Bad is good, down is up.
There was an analysis I read where FRC and SVB didn't stress test (or would have passed even if they test), because the anticipation is interest rate wouldn't rise too much because inflation would have dampened if unemployment goes up to counter it. It didn't test for high inflation due to war, supply shortage, energy blockade, trade war related high inflation but also high unemployment.

The reason these banks failed so far is because they held too much federal debts that went down in value due to rate hike, and they have too high of a concentration of wealthy clients (FRC has ~30% FDIC insured deposit and SVB has ~94%).

There will be more bank collapses, we are just at the beginning.

Back