Investing Strategies. What is your move?

^^^ So why didn't inflation start 2-1/2 years ago when all this money was being pumped into the economy and everyone was suddenly "rich"? Lots of people who's jobs, income and businesses were impacted had to use that money to keep from going down the tubes. They weren't out buying everything like they are now. If the economic relief money was just a "free rise in income" to most people, you'd think there would have been wild spending and an inflation kick-off 2-1/2 years ago.
You’re missing the point, people didn’t get thrown out of their jobs like they should have.
Other people weren’t forced to spend every last dollar they had. In fact they were paying off credit cards! While still being kept employed by government money and stimulus checks and low interest rates all at the same time!
They should have come out of the pandemic broke and penniless and in debt.
But they came out with less debt and cash to burn and homes to buy with super cheap artificially cheap interest rates.
Americans went on a spending spree so much so the factories can’t keep up and catch up.
Supply and demand, for goodness sakes the general population buying $40,000 +++ cars and dealers still can’t get enough.
Want an EV? Sure you’ll get another $7500 gift from the taxpayers.
I’m on the run this is just an over view of what has taken place.
The correction has started and should return to normal in about two years as far as I am thinking. Yet I still don’t see signs of it here in the southeast. Fur goodness sakes mega car dealers here used to have 100s of new cars on the lots to sell to anyone who walks in the door. The lots are empty as they sell as fast as they come in.
I think rates have to go higher than piddlly .25% increases.

I don’t expect a crash I do expect people to get thrown out of work as we need higher unemployment for a correction to take place , it’s too low
Too many lazy employees unaware of what it is to struggle. Heck they don’t even want to go into an office anymore.
Hope this makes sense on the run !!! Excuse any typos

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: GON
But they came out with less debt and cash to burn and homes to buy with super cheap artificially cheap interest rates.
So people all went out and bought new cars and homes because they got $3000 over a 2 year period? - lol. Look at the info I gave earlirler. The majority of people used it to live, not go on a wild money spending spree.
Americans went on a spending spree so much so the factories can’t keep up and catch up.
People went on a spending spree when the C19 reduced to a low level and people were sick of being in their caves and basically started getting out way more and living a normal life again. Big increases in travel, entertainment, going back to the office, more flying and driving (more demand for fuel, etc). Big increase in demand when the supplies of what people wanted were not ready to meet the demand. Most people already spent all their economic relief "windfall" before all of that really took off.

Last edited:
Deutsche Bank visiting the woodshed today.

But everything’s fine, just fine.

I know nothing about the bank. Its stock price makes it seem like a troubled bank for years though. As of yesterday it’s still up 20% from less than 6 months ago and up 80% higher yesterday than 3 years ago.
Actually it hit an intraday low of $4.46 on this week three years ago.

(Glad I took my Schwab profit when I did)

Last edited:
I know nothing about the bank. Its stock price makes it seem like a troubled bank for years though. As of yesterday it’s still up 20% from less than 6 months ago and up 80% higher yesterday than 3 years ago.
Actually it hit an intraday low of $4.46 on this week three years ago.

(Glad I took my Schwab profit when I did)
You typed it way better than I could. I never really considered Deutsche investable - their investors seem to come last. I asked my Brasilian banker friend about them several years ago. Nope, no good.

Seems like a head line of the day about the usual. Settle down people.

You’re missing the point, people didn’t get thrown out of their jobs like they should have.
Other people weren’t forced to spend every last dollar they had. In fact they were paying off credit cards! While still being kept employed by government money and stimulus checks and low interest rates all at the same time!
They should have come out of the pandemic broke and penniless and in debt.
Supply and demand, for goodness sakes the general population buying $40,000 +++ cars and dealers still can’t get enough.
Want an EV? Sure you’ll get another $7500 gift from the taxpayers.
I’m on the run this is just an over view of what has taken place.
The correction has started and should return to normal in about two years as far as I am thinking. Yet I still don’t see signs of it here in the southeast. Fur goodness sakes mega car dealers here used to have 100s of new cars on the lots to sell to anyone who walks in the door. The lots are empty as they sell as fast as they come in.
I think rates have to go higher than piddlly .25% increases.

I don’t expect a crash I do expect people to get thrown out of work as we need higher unemployment for a correction to take place , it’s too low
Too many lazy employees unaware of what it is to struggle. Heck they don’t even want to go into an office anymore.
Hope this makes sense on the run !!! Excuse any typos

70% of our GDP is consumer spending….. so they still wanted to keep wheels of economy turning during the shutdown.

Force mom & pop stores to be closed..…... but Walmart, Costco and Home Depot had 400 cars in their parking lot.
:unsure:

Walmart is laying off hundreds of workers based at e-commerce fulfillment centers in a development that could signal more trouble for the struggling US economy.

Stimulus and unemployment cash all gone = less e-commerce fulfillment centers needed.

Amazon 20,000+ layoffs and closing fulfillment centers.

Look at Camping World stock in the past 5 years, lots of stimulus and unemployment cash was spent at Camping World.

Last edited:

Walmart is laying off hundreds of workers based at e-commerce fulfillment centers in a development that could signal more trouble for the struggling US economy.

Stimulus and unemployment cash all gone = less e-commerce fulfillment centers needed.

Look at Camping World stock in the past 5 years, lots of stimulus and unemployment cash was spent at Camping World.

It's happening in the UK too with Amazon announcing 27,000 layoffs so far in 2023. But that has to be seen in the context of Amazon doubling it's UK workforce during the pandemic. So it's not all a sign of the economy tanking, some of it at least is shoppers are returning to the high street shops where statistics are showing an increased foot fall.

Amazon purchased an old run-down mall in the middle of Worcester, MA and just finished building a huge warehouse. They did a really nice job. The state came in to widen some exit ramps coming off the highway that would service the warehouse and there was construction/traffic most of last year because of this and....

Amazon now has no plans to open the warehouse...

Stimulus and unemployment cash were a tiny fraction of the stimmy money. Most went to cities, states, towns - etc - for "covid relief" - ie do what you want. Most wasted it.

The M2 money supply went way up, people saved for a while, then started spending in early 2021 - and ta da....

Why they waited till then - well there was nothing to spend on. Many thought the world was ending. Etc.

1679694443419.jpg

1679694402805.jpg

Back