Investing Strategies. What is your move?

I saw this while eating breakfast and wondered if this will affect gold prices? Russia is the second largest producer of gold in the world.

I saw this while eating breakfast and wondered if this will affect gold prices? Russia is the second largest producer of gold in the world.

I noticed the same article and was wondering the same thing. Then I remembered the precious metals markets are heavily manipulated and have been completely removed from normal supply and demand constraints.
Unless we are able to move away from the paper markets and get into a true physical supply and demand situation I doubt there will be much impact. I'm doing my part in demanding physical, just really slow as I don't like paying a premium over spot.

Last edited:
I agree gold is highly manipulated and will continue to be suppressed even with Russian gold ban.

I agree gold is highly manipulated and will continue to be suppressed even with Russian gold ban.
Gold is not manipulated so much as the US$ is manipulated (the fed). Gold & US$ move the opposite \to each other (inversely). The US$ has been strong the last 6 mths relative to other currencies. Maybe the supply demand equation will now raise the gold price? And when other nations start raising their interest rate the dollar will weaken.

JP Morgan has been caught a few times doing it, so has Goldman Sachs.

They know if they get caught….. it’s a small fine and slap on the wrist. :unsure:

Last edited:
My take, however flawed maybe, since my comments are more local than the nation as a whole is that the consumer is loaded with cash and credit availability. Throw in tight employment I dont see any major downturn, heck manufacturers are still trying to get products to market. Shortages exist all over the place.
Im pretty sure major banks have made comments to this degree, consumers are in good shape.

Southeast real estate market still hot, heck whole eastern seaboard right up to NY. Im talking middle income America, not the media sensations of the million + west coast.
We have contracts for the sale of our home here from OfferPad and purchase of a home from a builder in Florida sitting in my house, we chickened out and cancelled the transaction before signing, we weren't prepared and time from to close to short for someone who didnt consider moving until about 4 weeks ago. *LOL* But darn it, prices on the homes were going up as we were looking at them.
House we were going to buy was up a couple thousand from 3 weeks before when we first saw it. *LOL*

I do expect a slow down, I hope so, because I think we will move at some point next year and will freak out if the prices keep moving up.

Last edited:
Are we in a recession yet ?

It feels like it due to the hyperinflation, but strong employment and housing are bouying up our economy. People at the lower end of the income spectrum are seeing the biggest raises, which is important because they need it the most.
The supply chain, oil market and Putin are trouble and have huge uncertainty. Of course they are all linked at the hip.
My biggest fear, however, is another flareup of the bad thing... That would halt any momentum and jolt us back.
But people keep spending...

I put the chances of a recession as lower to middle to anyone's guess in the next 6 months thru 1st half of 2023.
But it will not be deep and wide.

Back